Pellet Stove installation location

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Coopers

Aug 13, 2013
Dover, PA
Hi everyone!
I posted some questions while back about installing a pellet stove in our basement that we are currently in the process of remodeling.
Anyway, the location where we originally wanted the Pellet stove is a no-go due to water pipe/meter and also gas meter (right outside the wall) That put our installation process on hold and we almost decided against the stove but the more we think about it the more we want a pellet stove in our basement as the heating source.
So, we started redoing our plans and moved the pellet stove to the other corner of the basement wall. (we only have one wall that we can work with). The other corner of that wall has a sump pump and the central AC unit is right outside of that wall. I did email the contractor to see what he thinks and he did not get back to me yet but what do you think? Do you think that the sump pump and the AC unit could be an obstruction? We put drywall so the sump pump is behind the drywall. My biggest concern is the venting pipes. Could we possibly run the venting pipes so close to the sump pump?
That wall also has a window but that is the only window in the basement and the only natural light we have coming in. The contractor suggested we run the pipes through the window and lose the natural light and that is definitely not an option.
Thanks!
(desperately trying to make it work)

You should be able to do an out and up for your clearances. The sump pump I would not worry about but try to stay away from your central air unit even thou you will probably wont be running the air while your stove is running. Do you know your clearance guide?

The crew came out this morning to inspect and measure the proposed installation location and they were pretty confident that we (they) should be able to install a stove! I am very happy and look forward to a pellet stove.
And with that being said, I think my husband and I decided on Harman P43.
Next step-start the hearth pad this weekend

Reactions: boo boo
The crew came out this morning to inspect and measure the proposed installation location and they were pretty confident that we (they) should be able to install a stove! I am very happy and look forward to a pellet stove.
P43 is a nice solid choice.

The P43 won't disappoint you guys. I burn pellets in a P61 but before we bought it the dealer fired up a P43 for us and it put out impressive heat and that particular stove is at a great price point too !!

Status
Not open for further replies.