Pellet Stove - Is there a need to get it inspected?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDTelep

Nov 27, 2005
I have recently installed a Whitfield Advantage II T Insert with a SS liner to the top of the Chimney. It just dawned on me that I did not get it inspected.

Has anyone else had there Pellet Stove inspected by the Fire Marshal? Should this be a concern to me?

Thanks,

Rob

Yes, but it's not the fire marshal it's your local building inspector.

Should it be a concern? Absolutely. They'll be able to help determine that it's safe. Secondly, your insurance company won't cover you in case of a fire IF it hasn't been inspected as people do dumb things and why the building inspector is needed to say it's a legit install. Your insurance company is going to want the piece of paper from your building inspector. Lastly, you're not supposed to light or use it unless your city says you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.