Pellet Stove Issues??? Quadrafire Mt. Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ4174

Jul 26, 2008
South Eastern PA
I'm normally the one on here asking questions, however I just wanted to point out the troubleshooting sticky or something that I know I read at some point saying how 99% of pellet stove problems are caused by a dirty stove...

Well, let me just tell my story here quick... I've been having problems with my stove, still am that I plan on putting in another post. Luckily, my neighbor and one of my best friends is actually a Quad Tech. He talked to quad about my situation, I had a super high flame and my stove wasn't putting out heat and it was getting black and sooty within the first bag of pellets burned. Quad said to clean the stove thoroghly... I was somewhat insulted because I am meticulous at cleaning my stove and do it regularly. At the beginning of the season I pull the blower out and clean the vent pipe very good and then weekly I clean the stove. Plus my stove seems to burn rather clean, at least it did until I had this issue, anyway, the first 2 times I cleaned the blower and vent pipe I thought about doing it every other year because it wasn't really dirty... Anyway, I pull my blower off (the blower I'm talking about is the exhaust blower) and I absolutally could not beleive the amount of "stuff" in there. Big hunks, kinda like clinkers, ash, just dirty... I couldn't beleive it!!! This past weekend I cleaned my vent pipe and again... I simply could not beleive the amount of ash, soot and buildup there was in everything... I burn all hardwood pellets and most of my burning this year has been Hamers. My springs on my fire pot had to be replaced, probably not mixing the air correctly causing this over burn, and with the good cleaning I recently did, it seems to be working better...

So hopefully this will help someone coming along looking for stove help... Just wanted to re-itterate and hopefully give back some of the help I've gotten here!!!

LJ

Status
Not open for further replies.