Pellet stove lights then doesn't light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flem

Dec 12, 2009
Western MD
Trying to figure out if I have a bad switch or something. Fire up the stove the ignitor will only light the pellets about once every ten tries. Ignitor is new from last year. Could it be a bad switch? Assuming the photo eye is okay since that doesn't have anything to do with the lighting. Stove was thoroughly cleaned over the summer. Control panel is new. Appreciate any help!!!

Since nobody else has responded, have you tried to manually light it??

Yes. Runs fine after lit. I pulled the ignitor and looked at it tonight. It looks awfully "charcoaled". Ignitor has a lifetime warranty. Company said if I send it back, they will test it. If it truly has failed, they will replace it.

Flem said:
Yes. Runs fine after lit. I pulled the ignitor and looked at it tonight. It looks awfully "charcoaled". Ignitor has a lifetime warranty. Company said if I send it back, they will test it. If it truly has failed, they will replace it.

Then thats what I would do. Stranger things have happened. Some things are just No Good, right from the get go... Get it sent back before season truly starts. Manually light it till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.