1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Pellet stove newbie

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by N.E S4, Nov 28, 2012.

1. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

I'm new to pellet stove. I just picked up a used Englander 25-PDVC.

I installed this in my basement, I run it at 6,6 it seem to be burning a lot of fuel in 5 hours. I only use it when I'm home after work.

I would like to know what's the best setting that's everyone using for the best efficiency. The 3 buttons at the bottom do you keep it at factory setting or do you have your own setting.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. dale hallamn

dale hallamn New Member

Loc:
    Oxford ct
    I put mine on a thermostat and set a temp for the room and it just does its own thing with feed rate depending wether the tstat is calling or not and seems I've saved a lot of pellets as for the 3 buttons I've only played with them to get what ever pellets I'm using to burn better
  3. Pweeny

Pweeny New Member

Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    We just installed one of these new about 2 weeks ago. We burn a hopper full (3/4 a bag) in about 8-9 hours at setting of 1,3.
  4. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

Last night the stove went out with E-1 code when I was trying to raise the temp I had it set at 7 and 9. I took the side panel and back panel off found out the previous owner had removed the combustion fan housing. 1 screw was broken and 2 other screws was not tighten this cause the vacuum leak at high temp setting cause the stove to shut off.

I drilled out the broken screw installed a new gasket, set the lower setting to 3,2,1. Now the stove's burning very well. Next I'll be replacing the bearings for the convection motor and exhaust motor.

With just 1 week of ownership I've taken this apart this stove twice. I think I'm an expert now.
  5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Not so fast Grasshopper, the birds await.
    Pweeny likes this.
  6. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

Expert in taking it apart
  7. Pweeny

Pweeny New Member

Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    You are certainly on your way!! I plan on taking mine apart for its first weekly maintenance tomorrow. Weeeee!