Pellet stove newbie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N.E S4

Nov 28, 2012
I'm new to pellet stove. I just picked up a used Englander 25-PDVC.

I installed this in my basement, I run it at 6,6 it seem to be burning a lot of fuel in 5 hours. I only use it when I'm home after work.

I would like to know what's the best setting that's everyone using for the best efficiency. The 3 buttons at the bottom do you keep it at factory setting or do you have your own setting.

I put mine on a thermostat and set a temp for the room and it just does its own thing with feed rate depending wether the tstat is calling or not and seems I've saved a lot of pellets as for the 3 buttons I've only played with them to get what ever pellets I'm using to burn better

We just installed one of these new about 2 weeks ago. We burn a hopper full (3/4 a bag) in about 8-9 hours at setting of 1,3.

Last night the stove went out with E-1 code when I was trying to raise the temp I had it set at 7 and 9. I took the side panel and back panel off found out the previous owner had removed the combustion fan housing. 1 screw was broken and 2 other screws was not tighten this cause the vacuum leak at high temp setting cause the stove to shut off.

I drilled out the broken screw installed a new gasket, set the lower setting to 3,2,1. Now the stove's burning very well. Next I'll be replacing the bearings for the convection motor and exhaust motor.

With just 1 week of ownership I've taken this apart this stove twice. I think I'm an expert now.

Status
Not open for further replies.