Pellet stove noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDHECKARD

Apr 8, 2014
LEBANON PA
The convection fan on our new pellet stove make a high shrill noise during operation. We discovered when we crack the door open the noise goes away. New motor installed, did not solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Already did the wood stove thing. Old body does not like it any more ha ha.

Sounds like a gasket leak around the door ...........

Hello

If your stove is Normal, then here are the Normal sounds!

If not, then call in a professional. :)

upload_2014-4-8_17-45-53.png

Welcome to the forum ... you've come to the right place. What brand of stove?

Under the front of the firebox are two holes in the bottom of the firebox. Put your fingers over them and see if the sound stops. They are the air inlets for the glass air wash.

They will make a moaning/whistling sound until the stove heats up.

Stove has only been run for 1 week, could it really need a new door gasket already? Englander 25PDVC, Brand new.

Are you sure it is the convection fan? To see if it is, just press the fan speed buttons up or down to see if the noise changes. If not the noise is somewhere else. Listen closely to see if the noise is on the right side or the left side.

Hello everyone, Thanks for the fast reply. The stove is an Englander 25pdvc. Just installed last week with the oak installed. Had the high whinning noise from the start. talked to Mike Holton from Englander on Friday. They sent me a new convection blower, received today and installed it . It made the noise worse. Just for the heck of it I cracked the door open and the noise went away. Checked the door seal with a dollar bill and it is tight. Found the two little holes for the air wash. no change. ?

Sounds like you have air being sucked in by combustion fan from a spot that it should not.Try unhooking oak hose and see if pitch changes.

Removed oak and no difference. Also as someone else made mention that it does get quieter when it heats up but it still hurts my ears. also tv has to be turned way up to here it.

When oak unhooked,cover intake with hand and see if gets worse.Would help if you could do short video and post here.

Ok, removed oak and covered inlet with my hand and the noise all but went away and then came back and then just kept doing that on and off. Not sure what is causing that.

Hate to say it but soulds like pinhole in weld or bad weld.Now you need to talk to Mike again.Send him a pm,he will prob. check in later.

Thanks for the help. I must get ready to retire for the night, my day starts at 3.00 am I will check back tomorrow thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.