Pellet stove not feeding pellets:

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ripcord

Jan 25, 2011
Rocky Mts
I have had a Vermont Casting Reliance #2220 pellet stove for 19 years and it has stopped feeding pellets. It went out a couple of nights ago and I thought it just needed cleaning. I cleaned the stove but noticed that the fire kept going out in the burn pot. I can't tell if the circulation blower is running or if it is the exaust fan, but at least one is running normal. I hear it running and the flames are moving like normal when you first light the burn pot. The glass door and the door to the ash drawer both seal. The auger is turning and there is no smoke buildup. I noticed at the bottom of the hopper there are 2 doors on top of each other. The top door moves back and forth and only closes half way. The bottom door is not opening at all to let the pellets drop into the auger. Since the stove is 19 years old, do I need to get a new one or is it worth repairing? I have looked high and low for the service manual and can't find it. Is it time for a new stove?

“should i be stove shopping?†It all depends, Hows the condition of the stove otherwise. If it is still solid and suits the needs? I would repair it as long as parts are available. But if your unhappy, There are some nice stoves with neat features out there.

By the way ripcord, Welcome and please be sure to keep us posted on the outcome. If you need some pointers on what stoves to go check out, Don't be afraid to ask!

I see you are in the Rocky Mountains, if you buy a new stove I would be interested in your old one for a good project. I am in Grand Junction. For what it is worth, the hard wood pellets at Sam's Club in GJ are clean and hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.