Pellet Stove Not Kicking On

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey69

Jan 26, 2014
Arkansas
We have a Quadrafire 1200i that we purchased in October 2010. We have already had to replace the augur motor this year. Now, we are having trouble with the unit kicking on at all. The thermostat is set around 72 degrees, but the unit is not kicking on. We have had to tap on the thermostat on the wall for it to actually kick on and start the fire up process. Is this problem a snap disc problem or are we looking at a faulty thermostat or something totally different? Any help would be appreciated as my wife is getting more and more agitated over the unit not performing as it should.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

You can test the thermostat by removing the wires to it & touching the ends together. If your stove fires immediately, your t-stat is faulty...

Reactions: Bioburner
Your having to tap on the thermostat to get the stove to come on points directly at the thermostat. What kind is it? The old mercury type or digital? Does it have batteries and, if so, did you change them for new ones this year?

Tap on the thermostat with a hammer until there is nothing left but little pieces. Then replace it.

We have a Quadrafire 1200i that we purchased in October 2010. We have already had to replace the augur motor this year. Now, we are having trouble with the unit kicking on at all. The thermostat is set around 72 degrees, but the unit is not kicking on. We have had to tap on the thermostat on the wall for it to actually kick on and start the fire up process. Is this problem a snap disc problem or are we looking at a faulty thermostat or something totally different? Any help would be appreciated as my wife is getting more and more agitated over the unit not performing as it should.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

When it's not working, is the red Call for Heat light on? The light should always reflect what the thermostat is telling the stove to do.

If it's not on, the problem is in the thermostat or its wiring.
If it is on, does the Reset button work?

Status
Not open for further replies.