Pellet Stove Not Starting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CMRINDA

Oct 7, 2010
Northwest MA
Good Morning Experts,

My pellet stove will not start. No sound is coming from the stove. I have checked the power outlet, its working. I am wondering do I need to buy a new control module. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Its a Napolean N45 Pellet

Thanks

Claire

Is it dead dead, does it make any noise, any lights on, have you unplugged and plugged the power cord back in, last good cleaning?

Is it dead dead, does it make any noise, any lights on, have you unplugged and plugged the power cord back in, last good cleaning?

No lights/no sound nothing. I tried using another outlet but nothing.. Its on a surge protector. Last good cleaning 2 months ago. The pot is emptied daily and its clean out daily but good cleaning taking pipes apart opening it up its been 2 months.

No lights/no sound nothing. I tried using another outlet but nothing.. Its on a surge protector. Last good cleaning 2 months ago. The pot is emptied daily and its clean out daily but good cleaning taking pipes apart opening it up its been 2 months.

Have you tried it without the surge protector? Just asking to rule that out.

Napolean 45 owners should be along shortly to troubleshoot further but your initial thought may be right on the money.

Well I'm not a NPS 45 owner but have you checked the fuse on the control board?

Remember stove off, cold, and unplugged.

If it is blown you have to check the wiring on the major current draws connected to the controller.

Reactions: Peterfield
I got the stove back on but it will not light. It is dropping pellets but will not light them and now the #3 light is blinking

Well not being a NPS 45 owner I am only guessing that we just found the reason the fuse went bye bye, your igniter likely bit the dust or shorted out.

tried to manually start with lighter gel but after pellet burns it will not drop anymore pellets and the fire dies out but it keeps running... HELP!!

Thanks for helping

Exhaust fan working properly?

Smoke not getting out of stove. Another issue if the fan is not producing enough vacuum the vac switch will not complete the auger circuit to feed pellets. How clean is the stove and venting? 2 months since good cleaning says to me it probably way past due with the heavy use stoves get now.

I am leaning toward the ignition because I was able to get it running with the lighter gel and after a good cleaning it is still running.. I will try a new igniter and see if that works.. Thanks all for your input

Good your back to heating. Sometimes one issue just amplifies another such as the stove needing some air-a good cleaning.

The stove is running but its not clearing the ash out of the pan. Its clumping up.. I did a deep clean yesterday when this problem started.. Any suggestions.

The stove is running but its not clearing the ash out of the pan. Its clumping up.. I did a deep clean yesterday when this problem started.. Any suggestions.

Did you by any chance knock the damper out of adjustment trying to get it going again?

Is the combustion blower cavity clean?

Does not appear to have damper. What condition was the gasket on the combustion blower in? Did you replace?

Did you clean exhaust ports on the right and left of the firebox? I have a lint dryer brush that I use on my internal exhaust pathways to pull the fly ash from the interior walls and follow up with a hose/tube attached to shop vac to remove as much ash a possible. Page 41 gives more specifics on the exhaust tube/blower cleaning...

Does not appear to have damper. What condition was the gasket on the combustion blower in? Did you replace?

Did you clean exhaust ports on the right and left of the firebox? I have a lint dryer brush that I use on my internal exhaust pathways to pull the fly ash from the interior walls and follow up with a hose/tube attached to shop vac to remove as much ash a possible. Page 41 gives more specifics on the exhaust tube/blower cleaning...

Just covering some general things that sometimes get missed or thumped while cleaning so no big deal if there is no damper, besides sometimes it actually gets folks to read through their manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.