Pellet stove on 1st floor of a modular home, will the floor support it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike2rach

Jul 16, 2008
PA
I'm looking for some advise. We have a modular home that was built in 1975 so we are unsure if there is any extra supporting that we will need to use on the flooring. We are looking to purchase the Englander 10-cpm when it arrives in the stores. We have 2X6 construction. Please let me know any advise you may have before we don't do anything or not enough. I'm pretty sure my husband wants to add more support but he asked me to check it out.

yes the floor is level. I will tell him more support, thanks!!!!

^^ It was a play on words. More support here means you need to help him do the job. It was a joke.

It can't hurt to add more structural support underneath anything heavy in a home where you're not sure of the load bearing capacity. I'd say the first question to answer woul dbe how heavy is the stove you're installing?

Status
Not open for further replies.