Pellet stove overheating after every cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocceral

Feb 2, 2014
Washburn, ME
I have an England Stove Works 25-PDV. I clean the stove quite thoroughly every weekend, but then the next couple days the stove overheats. It seems as though the stove runs its best when it is dirty. The blower wasjust replaced. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I have an England Stove Works 25-PDV. I clean the stove quite thoroughly every weekend, but then the next couple days the stove overheats. It seems as though the stove runs its best when it is dirty. The blower wasjust replaced. Does anyone have any thoughts?
how does a stove overheat?

The cleaning is most likely opening up the holes that feed combustion air so you get more air which equals more heat. It sounds like you are overfiring it so cut back on the feed rate.

The cleaning is most likely opening up the holes that feed combustion air so you get more air which equals more heat. It sounds like you are overfiring it so cut back on the feed rate.
Or increase the convection blower setting.
You didn't tell us what your controls are set to so it's hard to know what is going on.
The convection setting has to be at least as high as the feed rate setting. If that is set correctly and the stove is still overheating it is likely that your convection blower needs a cleaning.
Your stove isn't running best dirty, the loss in performance is compensating for another problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.