Pellet stove parts pricing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJPellet

Minister of Fire
Sep 6, 2011
Western NY
Hi,
I have been stocking up on spare parts so I am prepared when something fails on my stove. It has been amazing the price differences on the same exact OEM parts from different sources. I try to shop local and I have found that often my dealer has the lowest price but for things he doesn't have on hand or things that are a bit pricey I shop around. For example he sells a combustion blower for 105.00, Source 2 sells it for 118.00 and Source 3 sells it for 150.00. And they are all the same OEM blowers, not aftermarket blowers. I have found this example to follow through on most parts. I didn't realize what a price difference there was between sources, I always figured everyone was in the same ballpark for prices. I just wanted to post this for newbies or anyone shopping for parts.

PJPellet said:
Hi,
I have been stocking up on spare parts so I am prepared when something fails on my stove. It has been amazing the price differences on the same exact OEM parts from different sources. I try to shop local and I have found that often my dealer has the lowest price but for things he doesn't have on hand or things that are a bit pricey I shop around. For example he sells a combustion blower for 105.00, Source 2 sells it for 118.00 and Source 3 sells it for 150.00. And they are all the same OEM blowers, not aftermarket blowers. I have found this example to follow through on most parts. I didn't realize what a price difference there was between sources, I always figured everyone was in the same ballpark for prices. I just wanted to post this for newbies or anyone shopping for parts.

not all dealers actually pay the same price.......with many manufacturers, their will be a tiered pricing system, often based upon their size as a dealer.....more stoves generally garner a lower price for parts as well, also, there is the shipping aspect too.......a dealer's REAL cost is the cost plus shipping, of course.........and then there is the profit margin each specific dealer wishes to get for their product............but, in short, yes, it may behoove you to shop around a bit on prices for OEM parts.....

It gets even more interesting when a pile of parts winds up at a surplus place. Keep right on looking you never know what you'll find.

Some of the unique stuff will only be found at the OEM dealers. You'll pay more too. My Omega upgrade convection blower is only available thru an Enviro source. No aftermarket stuff is even close to it because its so unique. Close to $300 if and when I need to replace. Luckily I can use an aftermarket motor with a couple of these adapters. I picked up a spare motor for $30 off ebay and 2 adapters for $15.00.

Attachments

• Triangular-Motor-Mounting-Bracket-4UFA3_AS01.jpg
    Triangular-Motor-Mounting-Bracket-4UFA3_AS01.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 211
Also don't forget the Surplus Places for spares.
Surplus Center
Surplus Sales of Nebraska

While they may not be the exact part they may be "good enough" to get you through a long weekend.

And the industrial Suppliers are also a great source for parts.
McMaster Carr
Grainger
Small Parts.com
Reid Supply
MSC

Good Luck,
---Nailer---

Nailer,

Actually they can get you through a lot more than a weekend.

I've used Surplus Center, Grainger, and a several places through Amazon.

I'm currently looking for an improved convection blower, and a spare auger motor. By improved I mean lower electrical usage.

yes most motors can be sourced elswhere
I have had great success doing this

Status
Not open for further replies.