Pellet stove pipe installation Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidsilverr6

Oct 5, 2008
Southern Tier, NY
Hello, Every one! I just bought a King Ashley 5500 from a friend. They didn't have a pipe kit for it, so I had to purchase one, which are about as elusive as wood pellets right now. I had ordered a Supervent and was given a Metalbestos instead, with no idea if the Supervent could be delivered. So, on to the beginning of the issues. The 3" pipe connenctor fits very loosely on the back of the stove. I stopped at several stores that carry the pipe and they suggested that I just use the high temperture caulk to fill the gap .

Has anyone else had to use caulk around this pipe on their stove? What temperture does the pipe get to?

I am from the southerntier myself and to answer your question i would be sure that the pipe you have is suitable for a pellet stove. If it is then yes you need to seal all the joints with high temp rtv silcone and i would also metal tape them as well. Good luck. Where you at in southern teir?

Status
Not open for further replies.