Pellet Stove placement help?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
If you read through the current thread Castle Serenity lots of ash, most of the dialing in is covered in there.

Ok so I read through that thread and the manual (twice) and got a good idea of what to do. One question though: Why are there five Stall Voltages in blower and exhaust settings?

Hopefully this lasts me for a while...

pellets_zpsybmfoyro.jpg

Well I tried to start it up but noticed smoke coming out of the top vents. I shut it down. It did not get a chance to ignite. I'm not sure what's going on.

Ok so I read through that thread and the manual (twice) and got a good idea of what to do. One question though: Why are there five Stall Voltages in blower and exhaust settings?

Hopefully this lasts me for a while...

View attachment 188386

the stalls are because you can adjust the the blower settings for each individual heat level. those are pro pellets correct, herd they are decent pellets

the stalls are because you can adjust the the blower settings for each individual heat level. those are pro pellets correct, herd they are decent pellets

Oh I see now. I saw when I turned it on that there were 5 levels of heat and kinda figured they were related.

Yeah Pro Pellets. We have a Fireplace store about 13 miles away that carry 100% oak (no bark) pellets for $250 a ton and they swear by them but TS is right down the road and I figured I'd try their stuff first since it's close.

Last edited:
I'm trying to register the stove on the website but I'm not sure where the Serial Number is. I see two possible numbers on the back. One with WHI before it and another set of numbers(alot) near the bottom on a white sticker next to some other digits.

serial # should be 6 numbers attached on a tag with manufacture date, unfortunately I don't remember exactly where it's located

Just a little update and question...

Stove's running great. I'm starting to have mixed feelings about the Tractor Supply pellets. I seem to get lots of ash and dust now that I'm running it longer. I'm going to switch to Agway's pellets since a friend of mine said they are way better (her father is a stove seller). We'll see. I got about 22 bags left before I can get another ton.

The question is regarding the Serenity's door seal. It wraps around and both ends meet at the bottom right in the middle. Every time I open the door it appears those two ends, that were once secured together, are slowly separating. Now there's a 1/2" gap of frayed string/material that I have to keep messing with so it keeps a seal. I dunno if anyone experienced this but that little gap is making me nervous. Is there a quick fix for it or should I buy a full seal and redo it?

I run the stove when I'm home and sleeping but I shut it off when I go to work since it's been relatively cool (40's) and the house maintains a 64 degree temp without it so I find myself opening the door to clean out ash on a nightly basis.

Before you go to work use hi temp sealant on the gasket ends, goop it up pretty good and put a piece of wax paper in between the door gasket and stove and shut the door, remove the wax paper when you get home from work.

Nice!