Pellet Stove placement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briggsy13

Sep 19, 2011
Maryland
So we bought a pellet stove to hopefully cut our oil bill down to as little as possible. It will still heat our hot water but hope to heat the house with the stove. We have your basic 3 bed 1 bath rancher, 1000 square feet. We are planning on installing the pellet stove in the dining area off the kitchen, which is really the only place we have the space and means to do it. Do you think it would benefit us to angle the stove so its facing towards our hallway with the bedrooms , or just put it facing straight so it blows strictly into the living room? We spend most of our time in the living room but don't want to not get any heat to the hallway either.
Any words of wisdom as far as this goes?

This is the stove we bought, only its a reconditioned one from the manufacturer and saved $700.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...tDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10

Thanks!!!

First of all, welcome to the forum.

My opinion is to aim the stove so some heat goes down the hallway.

And as always with this forum, we'd love to see some pics after it's all installed & burning.

Congrats!

I would angle it. Just to maximize the convection of the air. I have a corner install. Its located in the middle of my 70 ft ranch. Heats it just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.