Pellet Stove Poem !!! Wishing for a Pellet Stove !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

From >> http://wendyytb-overhaul.blogspot.com/2010/01/about-pellet-stove.html

About a Pellet Stove

I do not ask for diamonds
or trips down to "The Cove,"
All I have ever wanted is
a flippin Pellet Stove.

I did not protest big screen
or magnificent sound surround.
I did not challenge hi tech
or the latest gadget around.

Or trips down to "The Cove,"
a flippin Pellet Stove.

A pellet stove will keep me warm
Long after the power goes down.
What good your hi speed internet
or the toys we have around?

a flippin Pellet Stove.

The dreams about the cabin
are long ago given away...
but the dream about the pellet Stove
is a dream that is here to stay.

Or trips down to "The Cove"
a flippin Pellet Stove.

So don't say "next year I promise"
because a promise is etched in stone...
Your trips take you on long journeys
And I am here, alone.

Or trips down to "The Cove"
a flippin Pellet Stove.

So when you find me frozen
cuddling two dogs, a bird, and fish.
Remember this, my techie...
a pellet stove.....my only wish.

a flippin Pellet Stove.

And when you bury my frozen corpse
and read the eulogy,
include the following, darling,
which describes me to a "T".

"She did not ask for diamonds
or trips down to "The Cove"
All she ever wanted was,
a flippin Pellet Stove!

IMHO some have way too much time on their hands! Don, Unfortunately I have to include you in this list. :cheese:

Nice start, But less chatting here and more work out there will finish before the soon to be here cold season.

Back to work with you! :cheese:

heck with the window stove. just stuff it full with pellets. :lol:

j-takeman said:
Nice start, But less chatting here and more work out there will finish before the soon to be here cold season.

Back to work with you! :cheese:

heck with the window stove. just stuff it full with pellets. :lol:

Hey Jay

Got the finished pic of the shed on the last page. Now I am finishing the electrical and then on with the pellet stove install!

Don2222 said:
Hey Jay

Got the finished pic of the shed on the last page. Now I am finishing the electrical and then on with the pellet stove install!

Okay, the only reason I was going to post and keep this thread going was a comment on the poem, but then I saw this comment...

Don - you're not really thinking about putting pellet stove in that shed are you? maybe I'm missing something here?

Anyway, what i just wanted to comment on was a verse in this poem (which BTW I found very artistic)

"A pellet stove will keep me warm
Long after the power goes down."

What is she smoking? Electricity is the heartbeat of any pellet stove (as is just about every other heating home device besides a wood stove), so when the electricity goes out I would imagine that my home would succumb to the cold forces of nature.

VTrider said:
Don2222 said:
Hey Jay

Okay, the only reason I was going to post and keep this thread going was a comment on the poem, but then I saw this comment...

Don - you're not really thinking about putting pellet stove in that shed are you? maybe I'm missing something here?

Anyway, what i just wanted to comment on was a verse in this poem (which BTW I found very artistic)

"A pellet stove will keep me warm
Long after the power goes down."

What is she smoking? Electricity is the heartbeat of any pellet stove (as is just about every other heating home device besides a wood stove), so when the electricity goes out I would imagine that my home would succumb to the cold forces of nature.

My interpretation VTrider; long after the power goes down means when everything else is shut off for the night...although I did have a fleeting moment of your exact thought!

Not that I'm being a literary genius, but, with a repeating stanza wouldn't that be considered a chorus thus making this a song not a poem. Which means you can not put it to music. Should take care of the: to much time on your hands syndrome. I'm going to wait with bated breath for the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.