Pellet stove questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike brez

Dec 8, 2008
Milford Ct.
Hi all,
Just purchased a Summers Heat Model 55-SPH109L and have a few questions. I heat my house with wood we burn about 6 cords a year. I purchased this pellet stove for my basement game/tv room. It will sit on my fireplace hearth. I will vent this up my chimney. First is there any place you recomend to get a chimney liner? I have seen them on ebay they are .006 thick I think. Also this stove says that outside air is mandatory for this unit to operate properly. What if anything will happen if I dont pipe in fresh air?? Thats all I can think of right now. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

mike brez said:
Hi all,
Just purchased a Summers Heat Model 55-SPH109L and have a few questions. I heat my house with wood we burn about 6 cords a year. I purchased this pellet stove for my basement game/tv room. It will sit on my fireplace hearth. I will vent this up my chimney. First is there any place you recomend to get a chimney liner? I have seen them on ebay they are .006 thick I think. Also this stove says that outside air is mandatory for this unit to operate properly. What if anything will happen if I dont pipe in fresh air?? Thats all I can think of right now. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

There are arguments either way with many differing opinions. Do a search on this forum using "OAK" which stands for outside air kit or just "outside air." You will find hundreds of comments relating to this topic.

You can get both 3 and 4 inch flex liner on zoobler.com for a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.