1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Pellet Stove Recipes

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by subsailor, Jan 1, 2013.

1. subsailor

subsailor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Winthrop, Maine
    Anyone have any good recipes of items they've cooked with their stove? I've only baked potatoes, but there must be more that can be done than that.
    Tim Linden likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    I don't have a recipe other than a recipe for disaster. I had a customer with an Accentra FS who decided he'd use the stove top to thaw some chicken breasts...Freezing cold chicken on top of the glass load door, on a hot stove, well...
  3. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    I think I've read before of people baking things inside the stove. I've only warmed up some dinner rolls on top.

Curious to see what others say.
  4. thedude110

thedude110 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    I keep my coffee warm on top of my stove. That's it!
  5. mikesj

mikesj Member

Loc:
    Western MD
    I was just about to ask the same question. We keep a simmer pot on the top of ours with a couple of cinnamon sticks in it for good measure. Fill it up a couple of times a day when the stove is running hot. My wife will sometimes put her teakettle on it.

We had a week long power outage when Sandy dumped 3 feet of heavy, wet snow on us. Some friends of ours with a generator prepared numerous meals on their Harman p68.
  6. Tim Linden

Tim Linden New Member

How do I do that with an insert? P35i? Maybe I shoulda gone with a regular one.. That would be a nice feature..
  7. PoolGuyinCT

PoolGuyinCT Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Plymouth CT
    Just my buns!
  8. kenstogie

kenstogie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Albany (ish)
    Ditto and some h2o.
  9. sandpipe

sandpipe Member

Loc:
    Northern Franklin County, MA
    I don't make food with mine but I do use it to dispose of pistachio shells. I mix them in with the pellets for a few free BTU's.
  10. Dinger

Dinger Member

Loc:
    SW CO
    I've done that too. My daughter LOVES raisins, but she usually drops a few as she bounces around the living room, and I find them by stepping on them. These usually end up in the hopper too. My surface gets nowhere hot enough to except maybe keep a cup of coffee warm. I actually like this, don't need any little burnt hands.