Pellet Stove Recommendation for VT mobile home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andreas

Feb 13, 2013
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good pellet stove for a 900 square foot mobile home in central VT, really poor insulation, very drafty. Would be primary heat. It's for my mother-in-laws home and she's fine with a cool bedroom at the far end of the single wide, it would mainly be to keep the kitchen and living area on one end cozy. Thanks for any insights!!

Nice used p38 Harman. Alot of stoves are going to be discounted as winter is at its end I hope. St.Croix Greenfield, or Lancaster if your up to a little more cleaning. All the stoves I listed are smaller foot print and not high btus that will cook her out.

Something in the 30,000 BTU range should be sufficient. There are several smaller models. All depends on how hands on she wants to be.

Most stoves are Mobile home approved, as long as it has an OAK and I believe has to be bolted and grounded to the foundation.

Any particular models you/she is looking at? Enviro Mini, Quad Santa Fe, any model mentioned by Bio-Burner above, or take a look at the AMFM Energy Refurb units.

No mention of her age so I'll throw this out there but don't take offense - Does she have any mobility issues that might need to be considered in loading and cleaning the stove? Your hubby will be on hand if she needs help with the major cleaning?

Thanks for the recommendations. She is very capable, currently burns with wood no problem just looking for something simpler and easier!

I don't know about simpler and easier. But overall comfort will be 24/7 and currently half the price of propain.

Less mess than with the wood! Dry area for storage of pellets?

Dexter has it right on the install as there usually is a special section in the manuals for trailer homes. Smoke and CO detectors... Smoke detectors have a 10 year lifespan - the linked smoke detectors are worth it.

CO detectors about 5 year life.

CO detectors about 5 year life.
The one I just bought (with digitil display) has a 10 year battery and it tells you when to replace it.

The one I just bought (with digitil display) has a 10 year battery and it tells you when to replace it.
What make and model? My two are due. Hard to believe battery can last that long. Or is it a plug in with the battery as backup?

photo_zpsab0529ba.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.