Pellet stove reviews and info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaw818

Oct 22, 2014
Minnesota
Hello everyone,

Having put he'd my first corn stove for this season, the first-time buying pains are still fresh in my mind. I am a person who likes to a lot of research before making an investment. So I wanted to start a thread where we could consolidate reviews and general friendly info about our stoves for people who are on the market. Videos and posts to assist with answers. FAQs from personal experience to help people shop for what they want.

Have fun. I pondered for 3 months on what I was buying for a stove. Little did I know she was the one choosing it.:confused:

Reactions: Jaw818 and Owen1508
Have fun. I pondered for 3 months on what I was buying for a stove. Little did I know she was the one choosing it.:confused:

I was lucky there and took my chances pulling some rank on the Mrs. She wasn't real pleased i just went and plunked down some money on "another heating thingy." After she started staying toasty she shut up and I went and bought another. LOL! She had no comment either. SWEET! At least your wife liked a great stove so ya can't complain much.

Hello everyone,

Having put he'd my first corn stove for this season, the first-time buying pains are still fresh in my mind. I am a person who likes to a lot of research before making an investment. So I wanted to start a thread where we could consolidate reviews and general friendly info about our stoves for people who are on the market. Videos and posts to assist with answers. FAQs from personal experience to help people shop for what they want.

I am new to this forum. We just purchased a Harmon P35i pellet stove insert. It may be our last attempt to beat the high electric bills we get every winter. The stove has not been installed yet. I am having someone do it that was recommended by the place I purchased the stove. I am a little concerned about the installation being that it is going into our existing fireplace. Not sure if we need a plate to cover the existing damper opening or not. I believe the exhaust vent will be carried to the top of our existing chimney. The pellet stove will be a new venture for us and I realize I do not know much about it. I am hoping these forums will be of some help.

We just purchased a Harmon P35i pellet stove insert.

Welcome! Thought I'd point it out before others pound you on it. Harman w/ an A instead of an o, e, or other inserted letters. No big deal to me but there are some that will beat you to death over that. LOL!

These forums ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND and everything else regarding pellet stoves. Many wonderful people with much knowledge and very willing to help. Smokey the Bear here is a venting guru. Let me make a suggestion to get you some quicker help.

Start a new thread like Have questions on installing a new P35i into existing fire place or something to that point. Always identify your stove and issue so people offering help know what they are dealing with in order to offer accurate advice. A new thread specific to your stove and issue will likely get you better help. This is a thread primarily started for stove reviews so many will not see you here FYI. Good Luck and you will most certainly beat those electric heating costs. I did! So have many others.

There is a clicky that says stove reviews at the top of the page kind of,is that what you meant?

Sort of. I was wanting to start something more specific to first time buyers. Providing info on how the stoves work and reviews from a newbie perspective. Part of the issue when I was doing my research was understanding what I was looking for when I had next to no experience with pellet stoves. Many reviews are written very technically. This thread is probably somewhat redundant, but I hope it ends up covering some of the more basic aspects that many seasoned stove owners don't consider when reviewing their stoves.

I just informed my wife that I was buying a stove, then went and did it. Told her it was that or the thermostat would be at 60 all winter again. I'm pretty much the only one that operates it though so she doesn't really care. She's just happy that it's warmer in the house than last year

Status
Not open for further replies.