pellet stove settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnarruda

Feb 7, 2016
Connecticut
Hi guys.. I'm sure this has been asked before abd ibfound a few forums on topic bit the recommendations on settings don't seem to help on my unit. I have a 25pdvc/55-shp10 0date 9/02. I messed the bottom settings up recently and cant seem to get them back. Burning way to hot n to many pellets. But if I lower I low burn feed it ashes up . Fire almost goes out then comes roaring back n to hot. What are the correct settings for my unit? I akways burn on "low " feed 1 or 2 . Only use 5 to get it started n lower it immediately after fan turns on. It was fine I shoukd have never touched this settings on bottom. Currently running at 4 5 1 . To hot. Does the higher feed number actually feed more pellets ? I lower it frim 4 to 2 or 1 n fire almost goes out. Then gets huge fire. Help please.

Everyone's stuff can run differently.
I run mine in the shop at 3-6-1, and heat settings at 1-3 or 1-4.
Use about 1 bag in 24hrs.
Flame goes from really low, to kind of high when the auger
feeds more pellets.
The feed is not constant, so the flame does indeed change.

Dan

Instead of going from 4 to 1 or 2 you should go 1 incriment at a time.
Shorter the pellets = lower the setting i could run. Longer pellets needed a slightly higher setting.

But as stated already. Each stove will run diff than the next.

Factory settings are 6-4-1

How close are you on the year compared to his? Being a 2002 it could be 6 1 1 as well.

I think a call to englander may be required to get the correct settings

Hi guys.. I'm sure this has been asked before abd ibfound a few forums on topic bit the recommendations on settings don't seem to help on my unit. I have a 25pdvc/55-shp10 0date 9/02. I messed the bottom settings up recently and cant seem to get them back. Burning way to hot n to many pellets. But if I lower I low burn feed it ashes up . Fire almost goes out then comes roaring back n to hot. What are the correct settings for my unit? I akways burn on "low " feed 1 or 2 . Only use 5 to get it started n lower it immediately after fan turns on. It was fine I shoukd have never touched this settings on bottom. Currently running at 4 5 1 . To hot. Does the higher feed number actually feed more pellets ? I lower it frim 4 to 2 or 1 n fire almost goes out. Then gets huge fire. Help please.
thanks guys.. I been tweaking over the last few hours still no luck. Way to hot n big flame consistent now. Maybe I'm not giving enough time between tweaks. Current at 1 4 1 n still consistent huge flame. Boiling in here n using alot if pellets even at lfb at 1.

thanks guys.. I been tweaking over the last few hours still no luck. Way to hot n big flame consistent now. Maybe I'm not giving enough time between tweaks. Current at 1 4 1 n still consistent huge flame. Boiling in here n using alot if pellets even at lfb at 1.
Shorter the pellets = lower the setting i could run. Longer pellets needed a slightly higher setting.

How close are you on the year compared to his? Being a 2002 it could be 6 1 1 as well.

Yea. I think need to call LFF I meant is at 1 now 1 4 1 n still too hot , large flame n to many pellets. Got heat range set at 1 and fan 4. Setting 1 4 1 n hasn't died down at all. 88 degrees in here.

Thought that was '12 6-1-1 is correct

Thought that was '12 6-1-1 is correct
Thanks. I would think now tgat I am at 1 4 1 it would die out but instead ut got way hotter. Looks like 6 1 1 is correct. Wouldn't going from 1 to 6 maje it even worse or is it worth a try. Maybe go to 4 1 1 to start n see if this thing cools n slows down a bit. Then try 6 1 1. Unfortunately I didbt notice what the setting were befire I changed them. This stove has been running great for over 10 years. Why on earth did ibtouchrd those settings after so many years .. Ughhhh. I'm still bit confused on how hot hot n How much is burning at 1 1 1 . Scared if I got to 4 1 1 it's going to get worse. Again I think LFF 6 will burn way more than LFF 1 . Any thoughts on how increasing the rate will slow it down? Thank again everyone

If its still burning hot at 1 1 1 then you have a problem that isnt a simple settings issue. Have you tried resetting the board?

As expected it did start burning alot more at 4 1 1 . I went to 6 1 1 for 15 minutes to see what woukd happen but it got even hotter. I'm back down to 1 1 1 . If doesent slow down I have to turn it off I think. I am surprised at lba being 1. I kept it at 4 or 5 after initial screw up. Nothing is working. Maybe cause syove is so old and never having had those setting changed screwed up the programing and it is completely confused now like I am .
If its still burning hot at 1 1 1 then you have a problem that isnt a simple settings issue. Have you tried resetting the board?
I agree. I messed something up by touching these settings n board is confused ir I have totally new problem. Haven't tried a reset. Hiw do I perform a reset? Thanks I didn't know a,reset was possible but ut nay help. Way to hot abd too much fuel burning at 1 1 1. I had to turn it off.

As expected it did start burning alot more at 4 1 1 . I went to 6 1 1 for 15 minutes to see what woukd happen but it got even hotter. I'm back down to 1 1 1 . If doesent slow down I have to turn it off I think. I am surprised at lba being 1. I kept it at 4 or 5 after initial screw up. Nothing is working. Maybe cause syove is so old and never having had those setting changed screwed up the programing and it is completely confused now like I am .

I agree. I messed something up by touching these settings n board is confused ir I have totally new problem. Haven't tried a reset. Hiw do I perform a reset? Thanks I didn't know a,reset was possible but ut nay help. Way to hot abd too much fuel burning at 1 1 1. I had to turn it off.

Read this thread

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/englander-25-pdvc-burning-like-its-on-9.100311/#post-1283274

Hi guys. Thanks for all the info . I just tried reset instructions but the f5 never appears. It may have appeared 1st tine but was so quick. Unfortunately my plug is under a desk n while I climbed out from under desk it took me 7 seconds to get yo the 3 buttons. I believe I saw something flash on heat range display but not positive. So I moved plug yo location I can access buttons immediately but no f5 appears after I unplug' reply n press the 3 lower buttons simultaneously. Arrr. Did I screw the reset up? Or maybe reset is different for older unit. This is a 2002. No F5 or letters appear. Thx again

Hi guys. Thanks for all the info . I just tried reset instructions but the f5 never appears. It may have appeared 1st tine but was so quick. Unfortunately my plug is under a desk n while I climbed out from under desk it took me 7 seconds to get yo the 3 buttons. I believe I saw something flash on heat range display but not positive. So I moved plug yo location I can access buttons immediately but no f5 appears after I unplug' reply n press the 3 lower buttons simultaneously. Arrr. Did I screw the reset up? Or maybe reset is different for older unit. This is a 2002. No F5 or letters appear. Thx again

If you call englanders tech line they will discuss the problem and even walk you thru the procedure. And may have other suggestions as well.

Feed rate - 1 and Blower speed - 1 90% of the time!

Factory settings are 6-4-1
This was my factory setting.

On mild days, I run 4-4-1.
On cold days I run 5-4-1.
REALLY COLD days, I run 5-4-1 and increase the feed rate and blower speed as needed.

Bill

Thanks all. Still no luck, resetting board or finding out how to put this 2002 pdvc model in D mode. On fuel range 1 n blower speed 3 way to hot n to many pellets. Anyone know how to check / reset this thing?

Thanks all. Still no luck, resetting board or finding out how to put this 2002 pdvc model in D mode. On fuel range 1 n blower speed 3 way to hot n to many pellets. Anyone know how to check / reset this thing?
Note 3 buttons are set to 1 3 1 and it's hot as hell in here. I can't go any lower

So i take it you dont feel like calling englanders tech line?

How about emailing them?
Mike Holton,
England's Stove Works Inc.
[email protected]

So i take it you dont feel like calling englanders tech line?

How about emailing them?
Mike Holton,
England's Stove Works Inc.
[email protected]
I called and was disconnect 2 times. Have 2 small children and wgen had tine to call back it was after 5 pm. Closed. I'll try again tomorrow. We have a cold front coming through 0 to 15 F next 4 to 5 days. I tried cleaning everythin. It's definitely just burning way to many pellets on lowest settings. Cleaning helped burn a nit cleaner but nit fuel feed rate. Frustrated it has been fine fir 10 years until i touched them damn buttons. Thanks all.

I called and was disconnect 2 times. Have 2 small children and wgen had tine to call back it was after 5 pm. Closed. I'll try again tomorrow. We have a cold front coming through 0 to 15 F next 4 to 5 days. I tried cleaning everythin. It's definitely just burning way to many pellets on lowest settings. Cleaning helped burn a nit cleaner but nit fuel feed rate. Frustrated it has been fine fir 10 years until i touched them damn buttons. Thanks all.

There is more to the issue than those 3 buttons. You are running the feed down as low as you can. There has to be some other reason the stove is over feeding.. i personally wouldnt be running it with a problem like that until i got in touch with the techs. Especially with kids in the house. And i am one to do most things others refuse to do. Considering its turned into a safety issue i think you should make time to get them on the phone. Sorry to seem like an ass but rather come off that way than read an article about fire.

There is more to the issue than those 3 buttons. You are running the feed down as low as you can. There has to be some other reason the stove is over feeding.. i personally wouldnt be running it with a problem like that until i got in touch with the techs. Especially with kids in the house. And i am one to do most things others refuse to do. Considering its turned into a safety issue i think you should make time to get them on the phone. Sorry to seem like an ass but rather come off that way than read an article about fire.
Agreed.. I mentioned above that I had to shut it off. Not cause of heat but due to safety I shut her down. NO way coukd sleep in peace with ut running like that. Call to englander worked. It did have to do with the 3 buttons. Being that the stove is 14 years old but we'll maintained n replaced parts, regardless service etc. It ran great until ibtouchrd the buttons on bottom . Was no coincidence same day I touched buttons for first time in 14 years the thing was burning like 9 / 9 at 1 1 1 . Tech thinks board list it's setting after I touched buttons since they had never been touched before in so many years. Reset board n it is running fine again. 2 / 2 like I always run. Maybe 3 / 3 when gets real cold less than 20f is only time I turn to 3 /3 or 2/3 . I onky run it to heat family room in basement and bathroom. Approx. 600 Sq feet. Only use 1/ 2 ton max per year. Some years 1/4 ton. Not alot of burning . Helps keep down here warm and keep my furnace off for zone down here. Currently 72 degrees n comfy again. Clean flame clean window. I am very relieved. Going to get very cold 0 to - 10 next few days. More importantly my stove us safe n running properly again. Even though I know how to reset now I will never touch those buttons again. Sometimes on a bad bag of pellets I will get a hotter uigly burn . I just turn it to heat range 1 blower 2 or 3 when that happens. I know what pellets suck gor my unit so I stay away and onky when possible buy what o know works but sometimes all out of the 4 or 5 brands I use ( always hardwood) and I habeas to buy something different but if sll that's available is the chit ones I already had problems with I do not buy them. Point us I NEVER touching buttons again. If I wznt more heat I'll turn up heat range n blower if I want less I'll go to heat range 1 n higher blower to 4 or 5. This has always worked all these years so no need to change settings on bottom ever again. I want to thank you all fir all your help and quick responses. Excellent site , I've learned slot here more than just the 3 settings. Glad to be a member and hope my situation helps others. Thanks again all.

Reactions: FirepotPete
Status
Not open for further replies.