Pellet stove shipping suggestions? Tennessee to Maine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fedtime

Feeling the Heat
Sep 13, 2009
Down East Canada
I want to buy a pellet stove from a fellow just outside of Memphis and want it shipped to Calais, Maine. He will palletize and wrap - I just need a reliable, inexpensive transport company. No rush on arrival, as I don't plan on installing until December.

I have no idea where to start to look for inexpensive shipping. Any thoughts? Any experiences? Any recommendations?

Thank you!

There is a company called uni shippers. I dont know if they deal with the private sector or buisiness only. But they have acsess to many carriers.

If it is palatalized use a freight company, you need to find the local ports though.
Your local port is 0115 CALAIS, ME. This will be the easiest but you have to have an easy way to load the stove onec it arrives. My guess is it will cost less than 100 dollars to ship the stove

Going east has very high shipping rates. I had shipped up from Missouri a stove and was around $200 last spring.

I used fedex to ship mine from Ohio to CT. I don't think they offered lift gate service, But we shipped to a business that had a loading dock(with permission) and barowed the forklift to load in the P/U.

If there is a terminal near calais, have it shipped to a terminal and pick it up. The biggest part of the cost is usually the last 30 or 40 miles from the local terminal to your house.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Isn't there a TV show? If only they advertised?

Something like UShip.... Or something. They bid on your shipping. They bud against one another to make it as cheap as possible.

Doubt you will hit TV, but worth a shot.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.