Pellet stove shuts off after 15 minutes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pammy

Dec 16, 2007
Nova Scotia
I installed a brand new Enviro EF3 yesterday. Burns great for 15 minutes only!! It shuts down every 15 minutes. The controls are not a circuit board model. I don’t know what to do to get the stove to run more than 15 minutes at a time. really at a loss here...please help if you can....

pammy, you have posted your question in the wrong room,it should be posted in the pellet mill and corn crib room. This room is for wood stoves only.

I have a pel-pro pellet stove & am not fimilair with the enviro ef3

Read your owners manuel, read the trouble shooting section.

repost your question in the pellet mill & corn crib room.

Open your primary cold air intake all the way open.

Make sure your fire pot is not clogged with ashes or clogged with too many pellets.

Make sure your ash trap under the fire pot is clean, ash build up is not restricting combustion air flow through the stove.
make sure the cold air intake is not clogged with snow or covered with ice enough to prevent air fom comming in.

make sure your exhaust vent is free & clear of any major obstruction.

Make sure you have properly installed your fire pot, this can be tricky for a new stove owner
until you get the hang of it.

If all this is ok, you probably have control system problems & probably will need a warrantee service call or maybe your installer didn't install it properly? Could try giving him a call too.

Try talking to the mfg over the phone, they might be able to suggest what is wrong to you.

Hey,good luck. Info you post is real sketchy, not enough info, to try to figure it out.

dont forget repost in the pellet mill----thats where you can contact other enviro ef3 owners.

Try a higher speed setting on the heat exchanger fan, the room air circulator fan.

If the heat exchanger is getting too hot, it might have a thermostatic switch that shuts off the stove & a higher fan speed of the room air circulator would help to keep the heat exchanger cooler. Try setting the lowest pellet feed rate, this would also help to keep the heat exchanger cooler.

I could be quite wrong about the above mentioned, but I am most sure it wont hurt your stove to try these settings.

You could just have a factory defective control component. Very hard to tell on the internet, I'm here & your on the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.