Pellet stove tax credits

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjnamtiw

Minister of Fire
I just found this in a posting on the IRS site from April 22.
"IRS guidance issued before the enactment of ARRA will be modified in the near future to reflect the new energy efficiency standards. In the meantime, homeowners may continue to rely on manufacturers’ certifications that were provided under the old guidance and on Energy Star labels for exterior windows and skylights in determining whether property purchased before June 1, 2009, qualifies for the credit."

Sounds like they realize they don't have a clue what to do and they have bowed to the screams of people waiting to buy pellet stoves. It says that if you 'buy' before June 1, you can use the manufacturers' efficiency claims as qualifying for the credit. I printed out the page and filed it in my 2009 tax folder in case they change their mind............... No, never happen............

http://www dot irs dot gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=206869,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.