Pellet stove using a Jotul gas stove vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2014
nh
I have a Jotul sebago 400 bv gas stove......I'm thinking of moving it to another room in the basement......can I use the current vent (vertical to the roof) and connect a pellet stove to it????

Only if the current venting is pellet and gas approved (duel approved), if not, you will have to replace it.

where would i find this "approval"??? something the vent maker would know i assume
Yes.

PELLET PIPE For venting pellet or corn burning stoves approved for use with PL Vent. The appliance's flue gases must not exceed 570 F (298.80 C). Sizes 3" & 4" Diameter

TYPE B GAS VENT 3" - 7" For venting gas fired or propane appliances approved with B Vent and producing flue gas temperatures not in excess of 470 F (245C). Sizes Model SD, Small Diameter = 3" to 7"

The venting (flue) needs to be rated / approved to both above, if it's not, then you will need to replace it with PL venting.

Status
Not open for further replies.