Pellet Stove Value Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

natev

Jan 5, 2012
Wyoming
I have a Whitfield Renaissance pellet stove. I am rmoving it and installing a wood stove instead. I am curious if anyone could help me out with the value of the pellet stove. I have a neighbor that says he is interested in purchasing the stove from me but I want to give him a fair price for both of us.

Thanks.

Need a little more info, like whats included and the year of the unit.

Does it come with floor protection, vent pipes, etc?

And how do you rate the overall condition of the unit?

I can give you a bit more info. It will include the piping so it would be fairly ready to go to install somewhere. I suppose that there might be a few odds and ends needed to do a complete install for someone because I am keeping the roof penetration. The roof penetration I have is actually a 6" triple wall wood stove chimney because that is what was through the roof when the pellet stove was installed. The installer just sleeved the 4" double wall pipe for the pellet stove inside of the 6" triple wall.

I am not including floor protection because that is built into the house and I wouldn't be able to remove it without major work and I am going to use it with the new wood stove.

As for the year of the pellet stove, as near as I can tell, the Whitfield Renaissance was made from 1990 to 1994. I don't know the exact age of our stove. I have the serial number but haven't been able to locate an age closer than the 4 years it was made.

Overall condition seems to be good. It funtctions great, I haven't had any problems with it in the 3 winters we have lived in this house. I can post pictures later if that would help.

Does this help?

Nate

well as most old things go from 200 to what ever a person will pay you for it. sorry

Don't say sorry. That is what I was asking for, a number to look at for value. I have no idea so I just thought I would ask those that know more about values than I do.

Nate

I'd try to trade for something he has that you want. Even if the stove is in great shape, it wouldn't bring much in cash, at least around here.

My guess is $200.00....

On the other hand Whits have a bulletproof reputation.

I'd personally start higher than $200.

I would agree with start higher, but most people dont want that old of a stove bulletproof or not, untill they have had other newer Name brands.
the piping cost alot when new but has absolute no resale value once used, is considered a bonus item for used stoves, along with the manuals.
start at 500 and u can allways come down if you get no bites.

Status
Not open for further replies.