Pellet Stove Vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ffcmckinney

Oct 5, 2007
I've learned alot reading your forum but I still have an unanswered question. Can a pellet stove be vented into an existing masonry chimney that does not have a stainless liner? Another question is must I use pellet vent in this application. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Dura vent recommends that you will need to use a rigid liner or flex type liner. Breckwell recommends if you go more than 15' of 3" you need to increase to 4" diameter pipe. The distributor I use recommends only 4" flex and not 3". I hope this helps. Eric

Is this chimney currently being used for anything else? If not, kinsman has got it right. I think a lot of stoves are "approved" to dump right into a masonry chimney but most people are going to recommend that it be re-lined.

Status
Not open for further replies.