pellet stove venting ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtalea

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2005
Bristol, Connecticut
Hello,
I am extremely new to pellet stoves etc; My question is, can a pellet stove be installed into a single flew(not sure of spelling) chimney and share air space with boiler?

If the answer is "yes" does it require a stove pipe be installed all the way up to above chimney top?

thanks for any help and ideas offered.

I was thinking of venting horizontally out a wall,if chimney is not applicable

Any thoughts of that?

thx

single flue? as in venting the pellet stove into the exact same flue that the boiler is using?

If that's the case, it's a no go. No two appliances can legally connect to the same flue.

Venting horizontally out the wall is usually the easiest way to do things and requires the least amount of work.

Since we are in the same climate,u in PA and me in CT. what recommendations do you have for thru the wall installs.?....parts and such?

thx

it's all relatively the same. pellet pipe, pellet pipe thimble, and then some type of termination cap that keeps birds out.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, i'll get ya part numbers later, i'm studying right this minute :(

Status
Not open for further replies.