Q&A Pellet Stove with side or rear hot air outlet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I am looking (so far unsuccessfully) for a pellet stove insert that can be installed in an existing fireplace in our living room but also has rear or side ducting. I recently remodeled a two story older home and want the atmosphere of a fire in the living room- but really need the heat upstairs... any manufacturers that produce a dual purpose insert? A pellet model is a must for the convenience and less mess than natural wood logs. Any help is appreciated.... thanks

Answer:

I've seen them all and there is no such thing. Best bet is to put a ceiling grate in to let the heat go upstairs..there are event grates with blowers in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.