pellet stove wont shut off until empty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nedski7

Oct 7, 2014
connecticut
Hello all
i acquired a house with a whitfield 11-tc.
I cleaned it went through it, fires and burns nice,all the controls work, i can stage up and down the flame and the blower but it wont shut off with the thermostat.. When the thermostat is satisfied the flame reduced down to about half and keeps throwing heat and wont fully shut down until the hopper is empty.when i disconnect the t-stat same thing and there is about 10 volts across the t- stat connection terminals . i also noticed the second the stove starts the hot air blower motor turns on even before the stove is lit thinking possibly an issue with the low limit switch.. but i dont know exactly how this stove should operate..is this normal?????

I don't have a thermostat, I shut mine down by turning the pellet feed off, The fire dies and the fans continue until the temperature falls off.

Both the convection fan and the combustion fan run whenever the stove is operating.

Dave

Dave
So the fans always run together?? as soon as you turn it on while the pellets are heating up prior to the actual fire starting, the convection fan is On???

Status
Not open for further replies.