Pellet stove wont turn on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dartfrogz

Nov 20, 2014
ct
My sister gave me a Us Stove Works 6039, its a 2006. Its been sitting in my basement for about 3 yrs, when she gave it, she said it was working. I finally decided to hook it up. I plugged it in, the display lit up red and said something like USS or US stove (cant remember exactly) and then it displayed 00.15. But thats all that happens. I hit on and nothing. Held the on button and still nothing.

I will say we had to order a replacement cord because i threw out the other not realizing it was to the pellet stove lol. But it was ordered right from their website so i know it's the correct one.

Any help would be VERY appreciated. Ty

Should have said USSC and the 00.15 is the board version. I would make sure the exhaust blower is able to spin and then check the fuses on the back of the board. If fan is free and fuses are intact maybe your on button got damp and is no longer working. Try pushing it a number of times you might just get it to connect. Is the board a 4 button board, Heat range, Room Fan, Draft Fan and Aux, or is it a 3 button board A, B,C. 2006 is right about when they switched from 3 button to 4 button control boards. The four button board has 5 fuses but the 3 button only has 1 fuse that controls the whole board. The reason I mention the exhaust blower is when you push on button it powers up the board and starts the exhaust blower if blower is stuck it could immediately blow the fuse

Last edited:
Reactions: dartfrogz
Ohhh i didn't realize there is a fuse on it. Its a 4 button control. Thankfully my sister also gave me her spare parts stove. We switched the control board and its up and running,.. (kind of lol) oh and i still have the one removed, these fuses look good to me? Would be nice to save it if its not truly broken.

The stove kept going out, i noticed there didnt seem like a lot of pellets in the burn pot. I thought at first, i had the flue open too much and they were burning away too quickly. Then i noticed the feeder auger thing didnt seem like it was spinning right, stopped way too long and then would completely stop. I happened to look in the back of the stove at the right time and this little white fan was trying to spin, but just was wiggling. I flicked it a few times and then heard pellets plink in.

I did a couple drops of 3in1 oil and it seems to be doing great!!!! I know its just temporary. I dont know what parts in the other stove are good and what are bad, hoping the motor is good. But looking online for a replacement auger motor, i dont see any with a little white fan like this one and the spare parts stove also dont have this little white fan. Im confused??? Lol

And yeahhhh i see how dirty the stove is, im sure all that grime build up is doing wonders for the motor 😳. I do plan on cleaning it just not sure how to safely do it without breaking something in there lol do I use a cleaner? Rubbing alcohol? Qtips? (Yes i know unplug it lol)

Not familiar with this stove AT all. I have an englander upstairs, if I can get this one running good, i plan on switching them because the one my sister gave me does more square footage.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to reply to me. Helping me figure out what could be wrong is incredibly sweet of you and a huge help.

Oops wanted to attach pics lol
Pic of broken control board and its fuses and the weird white fan motor..thing? That no other replacement parts have on them?

Pellet stove wont turn on Pellet stove wont turn on Pellet stove wont turn on

i dont see any with a little white fan
The white fan did not do much if anything so they stopped putting it on the motors. If you oiled the motor it might be good for years but having a spare is always a good idea.

these fuses look good to me
Look good in the pictures but looks can be deceiving sometimes the fuse holders can spread enough so there is no connection. Good to hear you got it up and running. Below is your owners manual and tech manual.

Attachments

• 6039 four button manual.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 68
  • usstove tech manual 6039 American Harvest Multi Fuel ABC & 4 Digit Board.pdf
    799.8 KB · Views: 87