Pellet Stove Workout

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dw06

Nov 15, 2010
SW Pa
Well like many of you in the northeast, winter is here. We have been very lucky so far, but it just hit 18 degrees at 5 pm here. So the pellet stove is humming away, 75 degrees in living room and I am happy! Guess the stove will earn its keep tonight and tomorrow looking at the forecast. Hope all your fires are warm and bright!

Yeppers, Looks to be a chilly one. Wind already started picking up here and its just about freezing out there. Was hoping the snow we got the other morning would melt off before it came. But no luck there! I just finished a bag of Stove Chow and Bumped in the last 2 bags of Lignetics green letters from last season. Set the stove to hi/lo and were ready for it. Not quiet Hamers/Cubex weather just yet.

Stay warm all! ;-)

:)
slangtruth said:
I've laid off cardio for a few weeks, replacing it with humpimg 10 bags or so at a time down to the basement. There's a workout for you ;)

:) :)

Still burning those MWP but I did finally install a t-stat. Just set it and forget it right. I actually wanted another foot or so of snow. I'll take the white stuff on the roof as additional insulation any day.

Bring it on. Cubex in reserve.

dw06 said:
Well like many of you in the northeast, winter is here. We have been very lucky so far, but it just hit 18 degrees at 5 pm here. So the pellet stove is humming away, 75 degrees in living room and I am happy! Guess the stove will earn its keep tonight and tomorrow looking at the forecast. Hope all your fires are warm and bright!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Yep ,its chilly here too.It got down to low 20's here last nite, had to turn my old Harman all the way up to #3...

tony58 said:
dw06 said:
Yep ,its chilly here too.It got down to low 20's here last nite, had to turn my old Harman all the way up to #3...

27 right now, mild. Below 0 tomorrow and Sunday nite. Both stoves will be crankin'.

Hello

My stove was not putting out the heat for the last week or so. The flame was low, then I lubed the Auger bushing and now it is cranking and we are ready for the cold. Bring it on!

See nasty details and pics of low flame not as much heat issue.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/88287/

It sure looks like winter here. See pic below!

Temp is going down into single digits this weekend!

Attachments

• IMG01839-20120112-1007sc.jpg
    IMG01839-20120112-1007sc.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 519
Single digits here in Cheeseland... should be warmer for the game on Sunday...

18 degrees here at 7:30. Set the P61A to "Stove Temp" #2
last nite at 10PM & went upstairs to watch Blue Bloods..
Came down at 6AM & she'd cranked thru almost a bag,
& cranked it up to "ST" #3.5 & we'll let er cruise...
The living room & bathroom are at 69 degrees &
they're BOTH 16 - 17 feet from the stove, on the other
side of the kitchen So, the Oil Boiler & the LP FPI can just
sit there idle & I can P-O the DINO dealers...
This floor is actually in the walkout basement - with
exposed block walls (not quite done with the remodel) & we're
VERY comfortable only burning biofuel...
Gotta love it.

Should be a cold one tonight. Finally burned the last bag of Firesides and now I'm going back to my consistent Stove Chow. It's a great pellet for the money.

We lost power this morning, Right when I had the stove set back to 66ºF. Power was out for 4 hours and the house dropped to 62ºF. I almost started the back up wood stove when it came back on! Had to crank beast to heat level 4 for an hour to get the temp up quicker than usual. Back to heat setting 3 and cruising again now that the house is over 70ºF. Love the extra horsepower my beast has! We'll be back in our shorts and tee shirts in a jiffy! ;-)

Have I said "I love my pellet stove lately"? :cheese:

j-takeman said:
We lost power this morning, Right when I had the stove set back to 66ºF. Power was out for 4 hours and the house dropped to 62ºF. I almost started the back up wood stove when it came back on! Had to crank beast to heat level 4 for an hour to get the temp up quicker than usual. Back to heat setting 3 and cruising again now that the house is over 70ºF. Love the extra horsepower my beast has! We'll be back in our shorts and tee shirts in a jiffy! ;-)

Got to love the pellet stove, that's for sure! I know we like to see pics or didn't happen here, but we will take your word on the shorts and tees part :)

I just switched from Somersets to Vermont Wood for the single digits tonight. I bumped my hi/lo setting to 3 and the softwoods burn a little faster, therfore a little better at that rate.

dw06 said:
j-takeman said:

Got to love the pellet stove, that's for sure! I know we like to see pics or didn't happen here, but we will take your word on the shorts and tees part :)

Awe come on! My wife thinks my plumbers crack is sexy! :sick: :cheese:

I'll spare you this time. ;-)

j-takeman said:
dw06 said:
j-takeman said:

Awe come on! My wife thinks my plumbers crack is sexy! :sick: :cheese:

I'll spare you this time. ;-)
I have a customer who is a plumber.The name of his company is "No Crack Plumbing"To work there you are required to wear overalls while at work ..

7 degrees here with a wind chill factor of -2...
went back to oakies..
temperature jumped 3 degrees in the house in 1/2 hour..
got to love those oakies...

warm here in ct right now its about 23 degrees and with the wind chill it's about 12 degrees. have not seen any snow since halloween

4 F here @ 7:40 pm, looks like I am going to have to cave in and let the furnace on for a bit. 69 f upstairs in the living room. Our family room is 74f the wife won't sit there because her favorite chair is in the living room. Got our electric bill. Something is whacked. It is $200 with just the two of us. No electric hot water. Got to get that kill o watt meter out and do a better hunt.

save$ said:
4 F here @ 7:40 pm, looks like I am going to have to cave in and let the furnace on for a bit. 69 f upstairs in the living room. Our family room is 74f the wife won't sit there because her favorite chair is in the living room. Got our electric bill. Something is whacked. It is $200 with just the two of us. No electric hot water. Got to get that kill o watt meter out and do a better hunt.

Mine is $75 less with electric hot water. Are you running electric heaters?

18 degrees out right now. My little stove is on high / low eating Cubies. House is a comfortable 70 degrees. Furnace is cold...Love that!

Chan

Status
Not open for further replies.