Pellet Stove Workout

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
save$ said:
4 F here @ 7:40 pm, looks like I am going to have to cave in and let the furnace on for a bit. 69 f upstairs in the living room. Our family room is 74f the wife won't sit there because her favorite chair is in the living room. Got our electric bill. Something is whacked. It is $200 with just the two of us. No electric hot water. Got to get that kill o watt meter out and do a better hunt.

Is that a real reading, or an estimate by the power co. They do that around here sometimes - send an estimated bill, which is always too high.
Your bill sounds way high for a month's usage! Ours is just under $100 for two of us, lights on all day because she works out of the house. It'll be a bit higher with the Christmas lights being on, but nowhere near $200!

subsailor said:
save$ said:
4 F here @ 7:40 pm, looks like I am going to have to cave in and let the furnace on for a bit. 69 f upstairs in the living room. Our family room is 74f the wife won't sit there because her favorite chair is in the living room. Got our electric bill. Something is whacked. It is $200 with just the two of us. No electric hot water. Got to get that kill o watt meter out and do a better hunt.

Mine is $75 less with electric hot water. Are you running electric heaters?
i was worried with this new smart meter that everyone is using saying your bill is gonna double etc,,bla bla bla...
well i switched to electricity Maine and with the new smart meter my bill was 60 bucks...not bad..
oil for hot water.....

I have well water and a 36 yr old pump. Suspect that is where a lot of power is going, but it is on a 220 and I don't know how to monitor it like I can with the kill o watt meter. We have a smart meter. Bill was running 150 but the jumped up last month to 200. I found water running in the solar space so I got that shut down was so surprised to see the bill still up.
We have a lot of electronics and phantom use, freezer, two heated fish tanks. 4 outside lights, most every light is a cfu or led.

Well a nice 9 degrees at 5am this morning. Very nice 76 degrees in living room, where I fell asleep last evening! The little stove just amazes me!! Sure glad I went the pellet route. :coolsmile:

well got down to -11.2 here last night..3 above right now wind chill factor of -14
nice toasty 70 in the house....

roadking88 said:
subsailor said:
save$ said:

Mine is $75 less with electric hot water. Are you running electric heaters?
i was worried with this new smart meter that everyone is using saying your bill is gonna double etc,,bla bla bla...
well i switched to electricity Maine and with the new smart meter my bill was 60 bucks...not bad..
oil for hot water.....

Very similar here. We switched delivery companies and our bill is about $70.

save$ said:
I have well water and a 36 yr old pump. Suspect that is where a lot of power is going, but it is on a 220 and I don't know how to monitor it like I can with the kill o watt meter. We have a smart meter. Bill was running 150 but the jumped up last month to 200. I found water running in the solar space so I got that shut down was so surprised to see the bill still up.
We have a lot of electronics and phantom use, freezer, two heated fish tanks. 4 outside lights, most every light is a cfu or led.

Well pumps that are always cycling can chew up a lot of electricity fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.