Pellet Stoves and customer service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezer

Dec 4, 2012
Marlboro NY
You guys have been around these stoves longer than I have, but I'm kind of ticked off about an experience. I posted the other day about my santa fe dumping too many pellets, and tj was helpful. I called my dealer just to cover bases as it's still under warranty. He was great, and referred me to the guy that installs for him. Called him, a little later his wife calls me back and gets my info on the problem, and said to expect a call back by 7pm. That was three days ago. My question is that is this par for the course? I know that I've never had this kind of a problem with any other service people I've dealt with.

It shouldn't be par for the course, and I would not wait any further to call back. When I had trouble when I first bought mine they were very responsive. It took a few tries to fix the actual problem, but it wasn't for lack of trying. It must get a little messier when the dealer uses another company to do installations and repairs. You don't know if it's the dealer not getting the message to the installer/repairer, or the installer/repairer ignoring you. Call back!

Agree. Call back.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt here. Being holiday season and record cold (I'm sure he's up to his ears with emergency calls) you slipped through the cracks or one thought the other got back with you. That being said, I'd give him only one more chance....

Thanks guys, left a message on his machine. I guess what bugs me the most is can I rely on such a person, but they are the ones I deal with for warranty issues. Thanks for the help!

I understand your frustration as I would feel the same way. You did the right thing by calling again. As mentioned, with the holiday season things can get a little hectic. Though I would have called about 36 hrs later. Still working on the patience thing...

I would have waited 4 hours! I'm an old SOB who loves to beech! That's all I can do anymore...... :(
Hopefully, you'll get it up and running consistently.

definitely call him back, were it me i'd be expecting you to call me back long before 3 days (and i'd have to council myself for not following up) if the repair guy is a subcontractor , don't waste time with him, get back to the dealer as the dealer is the one who should be lighting the fire under the subbie, if the guy is backed up (and im sure he is , all of us in the industry are this time of year) but he should have at least gave you a courtesy call to let you know what was up. that said its ultimately the responsibility of the dealer to make it right , its him you should be in contact with

Status
Not open for further replies.