Pellet stoves for single rooms?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken45

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2008
southern Ohio
It's probably a non economical idea, but are there any pellet stoves for small areas, specifically for a single room? Preferably reasonably priced?

My computer is in a basement room and I'm tired of freezing in here, LOL! It probably makes a lot more sense to just run a small electric heater but I hate the thought of the electric bill. I'm talking about a 10x16' room.

The wood stove does a wonderful job upstairs :) but it leaves the basement on the colder side.

Thanks,

Ken

hmm, that is a nice little stove..I don't see a price though

I can turn my BIG E 's heat out put down to about 8000 BTU'S per hour, think that would be enough to heat
that size of area , and if you needed more you got it. I think they are a lot cheaper
then $ 2000.00 +

I have corn stoves in the 30,000 BTU range and suggested is around $1,100. The Big E is from 8,200 BTU to 55,000 BTU and runs around $2,100 suggested. I also have natural gas units starting around $60.00. You can get the same stove locally for the same price. Small electrical jobs at Wal mart run $30 to $150.

It is up to you.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.