pellet stoves getting hard to find

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveo

Jun 6, 2008
Maine
I have narrowed my search down to 2 pellet stoves. The first stove is the GS75 made by Greenfire/ was dell point europa. this stove was multi fuel but due to all the problems with corn it is now sold only as a pellet stove. i was also thinking about the harman p38 but dealers in Maine and NH are out of them and say i will be lucky to get one by September or October and some dealers are telling me they wont be available this year at all due to all the back orders. i have talked with 20 different locations throughout Maine and NH. The harman Accentra is available now at a few stores for around $2800. I can get the dell point/GS75 now for $3000 or i can get the stove shops demo for $2000 that has been buring for 2 years in their showroom with the full warranty. The Harman Accentra seems to have more bells and whistles and is thermostat ready. what do you think I should do?

I know of a place in CT that has several P38's in stock if you're interested. I know it's a drive, but his price was right and he has them...

If your going to buy one, you should pull the trigger soon.

I ordered a P68 this sat and it should be in at end of August. But from the sounds of things a lot of people are buying stoves and the ones who wait a few more weeks may not see them for a while.

Not to cause a stir but I would worry about pellets. If you do not have them in your garage I would look into it before the end of this month or you will be sorry.

Eric
330-876-0200

No problems out here in the midwest with Quad units. As far as I know I can still get a unit within 3 weeks max, possibly in 3 days.

ESW is shipping units as we speak , home depot and lowes will be recieving their initial host orders within the next few weeks , so you will start seeing our units in the stores pretty soon.

stoveguy2esw said:
ESW is shipping units as we speak , home depot and lowes will be recieving their initial host orders within the next few weeks , so you will start seeing our units in the stores pretty soon.

That is earlier than ever isn't it?

its a bit early, but we have been kinda expecting it , this past may we shipped more stoves than we had previously in the history of the company for that particular month. gonna be a busy year

I already started buying pellets before even deciding on a stove. It does sound like there will be plenty of pellets here in Maine from what I hear with the two to three pellet producers right here in Maine.

I am wondering how this Corie Special is going to compare with the Harman Accentra? Is it comparable?

not yet but soon im sure, corie just got back from Intertek where it went through testing for EPA cert and UL safety testing, pretty damned impressive for his first unit .but im not gonna get into the specs as they arent official yet and im not stealing his thunder corie deserves the spotlight in filling everybody in on how it turned out, he certainly worked hard enough on it for that , but trust me , its a sweet stove!

Steveo said:
I am wondering how this Corie Special is going to compare with the Harman Accentra? Is it comparable?

steve , im not familiar enough with the accentra to make the comparison , but i do know that I WANT ONE REALLY BAD!!!! and will likely have one by the fall. it really impressed me.

cant wait to see what the little bugger can do with a woodstove

Steveo said:

It's a pretty standard top fed unit - more like a Breckwell, Avalon type..... but all tuned up for best efficiency and operation.

Hey Mike,
Is the new pellet stove from ESW that we have no info on yet expected to sell for the 2008 heating season? Since HD and Lowes are already ordering stoves for the season will they want to stock this new item later in the year? I already fear that since I did not purchase any stove yet, I will not find one available and installed in time. For the sake of everyone possibly waiting for this new stove to come out, can you give us some dates. I was interested in the insert 25-PI. Checked HD website and they don't have it listed. Just got a heating oil delivery and it is already at $4.79/gal. ouch. Can't wait to start burning these pellets.

Thanks, Darren.

this is the new unit, we actualy had our photographer come up from durham and shoot the pictures for the literature and catalogs today. the unit should be shipping to stores pretty soon however we have to get the ball rolling on them first here. if i can get my photobucket to resize properly i'll pop up a picture of one burning in a sec, now if there is no picture on this post assume that the bucket aint behaving ive had trouble with it today.

the unit is a freestanding that converts to an insert or vice versa. it tested quite well and as soon as we get data back from intertek (it just got tested a few weeks ago) it'll get posted. as for when they will hit the stores , im not certain yet , but as soon as i know i will be telling you. anyway , excuse the background in the picture , the lab aint a "home environment" so to speak.

035-1.jpg

Just my luck. Two months after I finally buy a 25-PDVC one that will swing as free standing or an insert pops out of the chute.

Anybody want a stove that has burned two bags of pellets?

Status
Not open for further replies.