pellet stoves make huge gains in market share

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Ackerly

Burning Hunk
HPBA just released shipment numbers for 2012 and as I looked at numbers, I realized pellet stoves were gaining a far bigger share of the stove market than I'd realized. They almost outsold wood stoves in 2006 and 2008. Is that news to others, or just to me?

This appears to be a pretty amazing renewable energy success story that DOE, EPA and states are ignoring. Mainstream press should be picking up on this. If anyone is interested, here is an analysis of how pellet stoves captured such a big market share: http://forgreenheat.blogspot.com/2013/03/pellet-stoves-make-huge-gains-in-market.html.

Attachments

• pellet sales wood sales oil price.png
    pellet sales wood sales oil price.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 156
Since gas stoves were the darlings of the industry until just a few years ago I wonder how they are doing now that gas prices are in the dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.