Pellet stoves with vertical vent capability

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stonehouse2

Oct 24, 2009
Central New York State
The Harman XXV pellet stove has a vertical vent option that allows it to be attached directly to existing 6 inch stove pipe. Are there any other brands/models that have a similar option?. I am considering replacing my free standing small wood stove with a pellet stove and I want to use my existing vertical stove pipe/metal chimney system that I already have in place. I know I could cob together the rear exit of most any pellet stove with elbows and pipe size expanders and make a vertical system, but I'm looking for units that have factory optional attachment pieces made especially for a vertical vent system. Does anyone know of other units besides the Harman XXV that has this option?

got a top vent adapter on my quad mt. vernon.

Attachments

• 2008_1011Image0005.jpg
    2008_1011Image0005.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2,205
No Pane...
Thanks for the photo.Thats the type of system I'm looking for. Do you know if they make ithe same thing for the smaller Quadra Fire Castile? Also, what is the depth dimension of the stove with this arrangement...that is, what is the measurement from the wall in back of your stove out to the front of the stove? Thanks.

well thats exactly the reason we went with a top vent, because we didn't want the stove protuding too far into the room. I'm at about 36" from wall to front of stove, but keep in mind I'm using selkirk direct temp that only needs 1" clearance to combustibles and I'm at about 2". Best thing to do would be go to quads site and download the manual and see if a top vent adapter is available.

edit-page 7 in the castille manual shows it with top vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.