Pellet supplies are up ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
I had a conversation with my pellet supply guy today about cost and supply for next years pellets. He said that his supplier has lots of product and he would not be surprised if pellets went down next spring . Said a lot depends on fuel prices , but he thinks that pre season prices could be $ 160.00 - $ 175.00 a ton . Not to bad , I paid $ 190.00 this year. On a side note they also had Bio Bricks for $ 175.00 a ton . They are $ 25.00 cheaper from their supplier [$150.00 a ton ] which are located about 25 miles away.

I hope you are right that would be great news. I have been paying 239.00 ton.

Pellets are running 235-265 here + 30.00 delivery

i just paid 220 for a ton of barefoot. I was running New England but in my Omega with the self-cleaning pot low ash. My dad in his Enviro Evolution has been getting a high ash burn. One thing i did notice the Barefoot pellets had some long ones in there and alittle dusty hope it was just that one bag.

Just paid 3.23 a bag at Home Depot here in Maryland. Not much inventory, only able to get 20 bags!

It's a simple equation of supply and demand. People freaked at petroleum prices post Katrina, hordes rushed out and bought pellet stoves, and up went pellet prices. New pellet mills have come on line, supply is up, and it would not at all surprise me if prices dipped. Pelletsales.com offered $200.00 a ton on an early buy program, so sanity is definately returning to the world of pellets. Corn, on the other hand, is a fustercluck. The ethanol myth is attracting venture capital money, and along with higher food prices, ethanol production is causing higher prices for corn burners. Pffft.

Status
Not open for further replies.