Pellet Supply Atlantic Canada (Moncton, NB)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneR34

Sep 19, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Hey, folks. :)

Anyone in the area know what the supply is like at local retailers? 2-3 weeks ago I had a tough time finding any. Unfortunately, I no longer have the room (A lot of renos going on) to store a season's supply and am forced to buy some every couple of weeks. Hoping that changes for next season.

Anyway, thought I'd ask here before I spend time making hated phone calls.

Thanks. :)

I know here in NS Kent were the only stores with pellets in my area, last week.

NTV News a few minutes ago showed people/cars lined up for pellets as a new truckload just showed up.

Well. Just got off the phone...not a bag to be found in the area and no one knows when to expect more. Guess it's back to electric for a while...

EDIT: If anyone in the area sees this and is willing to part with some, send me a message. Not too worried about it though, it is what it is. :)

Well. Just got off the phone...not a bag to be found in the area and no one knows when to expect more. Guess it's back to electric for a while...

EDIT: If anyone in the area sees this and is willing to part with some, send me a message. Not too worried about it though, it is what it is. :)

Too bad you're not in my area. I'd gouge err....... sell you some of my spares.

Too bad you're not in my area. I'd gouge err....... sell you some of my spares.

Heh, glad you're not in my area. ;)

Called one independent retailer in the area and he's pretty frustrated with the mills/suppliers. It seems much of the supply is heading overseas rather than to the domestic market. In his opinion these supply issues are going to be a constant thing going forward until the industry does something.

Anyway...I'll be getting my space in order and buying my usual 3 pallets this summer. Not going to deal with this again....

I ran into this today in Ontario when my normal distributor was out. I simply called up the mfg directly and asked who they shipped to last or where/when they were shipping to. Ended up introducing me to a small place outside of town selling my preferred brand for 40c cheaper per bag then I had been buying and loads of stock!

I'd be interested in knowing if there were any pellets in the Moncton, NB area for sale as well. My usual supplier is out and I haven't found anything else around. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

Landed 20 bags at Rona, Elmsdale NS yesterday.

I bet it won't get much better in the summer. Europe is buying pellets for power generation as well as heating.

Status
Not open for further replies.