Pellet Swap - Some of you strayed or misunderstood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
Appreciate all your replies. My only is ? : If the product is bad, shouldn't the dealer where i bought them from be held accountable ? Since he delivered them at $30 a ton $150 TOTAL IN 1 delivery , i really think by not coming up here to swap them is not very good buisness practice. Having been in sales & marketing for 25 years , my company always stood behind any & all products we sold & made good on them . That said, I got a phone call this morning from Dave Carr . What a great guy ! He's delivering 10-12 bags this afternoon & coming up next week to swap the 2 tons i have in my garage. Told him he would need a pellet jack & he says no problemo :) . Now that is the way to do buisness. I was probably the last person to "groan" if you will about the pellets, & that was only because i'm a procrastinator. We ain't talkin' about pellet jacks in my original post . Thanks again to everyone that responded. Muss PS. Told them both about not having any way of getting them down there to make the swap. Dave Carr & his wife are to be commended for doing this in my book

Muss,

I have been following your posts for a long time and have been paying attention to what you have written. You must be getting awfully frustrated with your dealer!!!!!

I agree that the dealer who sold you the pellets should have honored his verbal contract to make the swap, not to mention any other type of real or implied responsibility. Good Maine folks have honored verbal contracts as a way of life and a way of doing business for years.

Since he did not, I also agree that Maine Wood Products, Athens, is to be commended for doing what the dealer SHOULD have done and promised to do.

I will be VERY interested to get your opinion on the quality of the latest Athens product.

We purchased Athens last August, being excited to be able to buy a Maine made product, and were somewhat disappointed. The batch we got, I believe, was one of the better runs, no crumbles, BUT many fines and small pellet particles. Have to screen and mix with Lignetics 50/50.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.