Pellet Vent Issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottydawg22

Nov 8, 2007
Northwest
Hey guys...I need your advice. I am going to sound really stupid and I can accept that. I've got my Castile up and running and I'm just finishing up when...guess what?...I can't get the vertical cap on...guess why? Dur, Yep! I put the pellet vent pipe in backwards! Male coupling to the stove and now I have to disconnect and reinstall everything. I utimately plan on doing just that but I'm thinking...why do it now? It's supposed to snow and then I have to attempt to work up on a icy roof...not a good proposition! So why not wait until March? The stove is running fine. I used high temp silicone to get a good seal so why try to fix it now? Is there really any reason why I should be concerned? All of the other joints are fine. Simpson Duravent with locking joints and silicone and metal tape. Thanks in advance.

I noticed when I installed mine it seems to be tapered so the seam is always on the inside (in the direction of the flow arrow) this will prevent hot gas escaping.I had to take mine down and reinstall it because of a issue I was having and the pipe was difficult to seperate after the hi temp silicone cured.as much of a pain it may seem id fix it.Hw did you get the appliance adapter attatched to the stove if the pipe was backwards?

With the Quad units if you use one of the Quad rear to top vent adaptors you really don't need an appliance adaptor. The pipe itself fits onto it better than the adaptor.

We see that about once a year when we go out to service an Self install pellet stove

if you used a T anywere you would have noticed the pipe was backwards also?

Or... if you looked at the FLOW arrows on the pipe you would have noticed also.

Metal said:
If it is a straight up install you may be able to just take the joint at the stove off and pull the whole thing out and flip it over without taking apart all the joints (depending on length of course). That is why they put those silly installation instructions in the box with the pipe ; )

With Duravent you only get a instruction book if you get a support box

but there is a label on the pipe that has a flow arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.