Pellet water heater ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Do any of you use a pellet water heater for your house hold needs ? I am having a Dickinson of a time trying to find one online ! Could you tell me what brand and what they operate like ? My wife and I are gone for 13 hours a day and would like to turn it off and on when needed as well as not be reliant on gas as we are now.

Thanks all
Pete

Been looking for the same thing without having to buy a boiler.

Far as I know there is no stand alone pellet water heater.

Ya the problem with those is our hard water. From what I can tell from people I know they tend to clog on hard water after a short time. That kinda annoys me because it would fit the bill perfect otherwise.

Pete

Knock on wood we have an LP on demand tank. We but it in 5 yrs ago and other than a clogged nozzle, no issues. We have very hard well water and use only a paper filter.

Eric

I wonder how much it has to do with the water in the are where the buyer lives . It is tempting to try out !

Pete

Bosch and it is the first generation, standing pilot and medium sized unit. Love it. I came across a used one that they only ran 125 gallons of LP through it. I bought it as a back up.

eric

Status
Not open for further replies.