pellet wont feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gstig

Mar 22, 2014
Hartville mo
I just purchased a ps 35 heatilator pellet stove i have used just about a ton of pellets through it and i have done all of the cleaning from cleaning the vent tubes and breaking down a clening the whole but the auger still will not feed pellets what else could be the problem

Most pellet stoves will turn off the auger if there is a vacuum leak. Since you just did a thorough cleaning, maybe the vacuum tubing was accidentally dislodged from the vacuum switch?

Check the Vac switch as suggested.

When you hit the reset in the back, does it try to feed at all?

Vacuum switch, snap disc #2, auger connections or jam, or hopper lid switch. I cleaned my stove the other day and pulled the vacuum line to clean it and the barb going into the exhaust tube - got the ceramics all in place on that side and realized that I forgot to hook it back up! It happens;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.