pellet wood ashes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
do any of you sell your ashes? Is there a market on this stuff. I checked craigslist and ebay and don't see any listed.

chrisasst said:
do any of you sell your ashes? Is there a market on this stuff. I checked craigslist and ebay and don't see any listed.

If I can make some easy $$ sellin my ash, I'll do it.....anyone need some hot ash?

PS. Chris, did you jump off from the KB bandwagon after the end of the year collapse? MM is your man now?

macman said:
chrisasst said:

If I can make some easy $$ sellin my ash, I'll do it.....anyone need some hot ash?

PS. Chris, did you jump off from the KB bandwagon after the end of the year collapse? MM is your man now?

ok, heres the story. I have been a martin fan since 1990. . When he started his "retirement" I had to pick someone one else to cheer for. When Kyle B. went to Gibbs I knew he was going to be good, so I picked him. Oh and also Martin choose him to be the next best thing. Anyway, now that Martin is full time again, he is my guy. I still like KB, but if it came down to those two, GOOOOO MARTIN !!!

This sort of sounds like an adult business issue, on the wrong side? :-S

Last "ash" I remember selling was from Mt.St Helens. I am not aware of a market except novelty and adult.

macman said:
chrisasst said:

......hey mac......can yu say "hot ash" ten times really fast???....... cc :lol:

chrisasst said:
macman said:
chrisasst said:

ok, heres the story. I have been a martin fan since 1990. . When he started his "retirement" I had to pick someone one else to cheer for. When Kyle B. went to Gibbs I knew he was going to be good, so I picked him. Oh and also Martin choose him to be the next best thing. Anyway, now that Martin is full time again, he is my guy. I still like KB, but if it came down to those two, GOOOOO MARTIN !!!

Somewhere I have a crappy photo of Mark and I taken in 1984 when we shook hands on a sponsorship deal for the ASA cars he drove for the Reible Brothers ...

krooser said:
Somewhere I have a crappy photo of Mark and I taken in 1984 when we shook hands on a sponsorship deal for the ASA cars he drove for the Reible Brothers ...

Cool...I'd like to see that. Hey Kroose (aka Shemp), did you know that I have been involved in racing for about 40 yrs? Eastern dirt modifieds first, and winged sprints since 1999. Won the point championship this year. In the pic, we won that night, and beat Tony Stewart.

Attachments

• Justin Win BlackRock 8-8-08.jpg
    Justin Win BlackRock 8-8-08.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 401
macman said:
krooser said:

Cool...I'd like to see that. Hey Kroose (aka Shemp), did you know that I have been involved in racing for about 40 yrs? Eastern dirt modifieds first, and winged sprints since 1999. Won the point championship this year. In the pic, we won that night, and beat Tony Stewart.
Wow.. pretty cool.

I have one lap of WoO experience... met a couple locals back in '79 (father/son team). They were headed to a World of Outlaws event at Granite City, IL just north of St. Louis. I was hauling a load down to Houston, TX. I met them in the pits.

The old man's car was a buggy spring front/torsion rear Trostle car from the 60's I believe. He drove it until he got hurt and put his kid in the car... the kid thought he was AJ Foyt.

The old man and the kid had a knock-down drag out fight over the young-un not wanting to go pack the track. Ted Johnson told 'em pack the track or go home... the old man looked at me and asked ME if I wanted to do it..SURE!

I squeezed my 250 lb lardass in a seat made for a 140 lb. driver and stuffed my 7 3/4 head into a 7 1/8 helmet, put it in gear, waved to the push truck and hit the switch...varoom! I was running maybe 30 mph down the backstretch when the green light came on and Kinser, Swindell, Wolfgang and the others blew by me at 100+.

I stuck my left arm in the air and cruised back to the pits. You need b*lls as big as watermelons to drive those things....

Boy are we off topic!

C'mon ashholders, dere gotta be a market for dis commodity, oops! da yooper coming out, sorry. There has to be a use for this
stuff in 5lb bags, maybe rose feed or petunia feed or somthing. Mix it with a little of those spikes, those Uncle Joes' or something.
I've been spreading it around the flowers and trees and it hasn't done them in yet, so it must be okay.

chrisasst said:

Bout' time you came to your senses ;-)

chrisasst said:

silliest question to date ever!!! you were kidding right.....

hey, when I make thousands from my ashes, don't come a knocking.... :coolcheese: :coolhmm: :cheese:

Macman and Krooser,

I just KNEW there was something besides pellet stoves that I liked about you guys, the racing connections ( and, of course, Krooser's wife's street rod truck)!!

Krooser, wish you could find that picture.

Macman, what a beautiful race car.

Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.