pellet ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcgr8one

Oct 24, 2012
Southern NH
Tractor supply in my area now has Maine wood pellets. How do these compare to pellets of similar price (inferno, gs, fireside). I just don't want to waste the good stuff yet with the current weather conditions.

Do they have any "Pure Fire" pellets. I Picked up some bags about a month ago, they burned very well for me.

Maine woods is not good, dont bother!, rated just above Inferno's

Maine Woods Pellets Blend (65% Hardwood/35% Softwood) have burned well for me this season. I haven't burned any Firesides (also a blend 80% hardwood/20% softwood) this season, but they have been getting good reviews recently.

Search Maine Wood Pellets on this forum and you will get all the you can read about them. Burned the blend and softies this year. The blend is a good shoulder pellet and the softies are a step above that in IMHO but would not burn either during a real cold snap. Each stove is different try them out and see if you like them.

I have been burning the MWP blend almost exclusively for the past month and my house is a stable 71 to 72 degrees. I turn it up a bit when the temp drops to the low teens/single digits. Have burned 18 bags so far this month. Good pellet for the price IMHO.

Thanks, I picked up four bags to try out. Think I will grab a few bags of fireside tomorrow, seems like people like them his year.

MWP harwood/sodtwood mix burning ok here. Much better than previous years.

MWP harwood/sodtwood mix burning ok here. Much better than previous years.

I was burning some leftover from last year. This year's pellets are much better. I'm saving the rest of last year's until April.

MWP are a lot better this year than last, although rather ashy. Good heat, probably because the pellets are quite small, and more fit in the auger at a time. Last year they literally stunk something awful, this year is a lot better. Last year was a chemical smell, this year it's more like processed wood smell. It would be interesting to know their sources last year vs. this year.

At $209/ton, I'll keep burning them.

Sp you that are burning or have burnt MWP softies do you find your cleaning your stove more than with other brands ???

I haven't burned any yet but reports that have been posted on here don't indicate that people have had to clean more. Are you having issues? There's a member on here, Sinnian, who says these are the best pellets he has ever burned. Period. He has a furnace, not a stove.

Been burning these myself. Need to clean once a week to keep the ash vacuumed. They been burning pretty hot for me. At $4.18 a bag they work good for me.

SubSailor no problems so far but compared to the crabbes I tried ( only four bags ) they seem to leave a bit more ash , and compared to the cubex well no comparison at all ! But the price 239 delivered was good the 200 hundred I saved buys a few good micro brews

SubSailor no problems so far but compared to the crabbes I tried ( only four bags ) they seem to leave a bit more ash , and compared to the cubex well no comparison at all ! But the price 239 delivered was good the 200 hundred I saved buys a few good micro brews

I burned a few bags of Cubex last year and didn't like them. What kind of stove do you have? Every stove is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.