Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) Pellet $$

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on your stove. I've gotten several shipments of Pres-to-Log's at my store this year (made by Lignetics) and most people who bought them like them a lot and came back for full tons. I tried 5 bags in my stove and didn't like them. I got a lot of ash with them. Always try before you buy. Some of the "garbage" brands he talked about might just burn good for you! You never know.

So I went to Tractor Supply to get another ton of lignetics, while being loaded I notice that bags are not the green lignetics bag that I bought from same Tractor Supply 1 month ago, I ask the guy loading and he says that lignetics bags for Tractor Supply so the pellets are in fact lignetics just in a " tractor supply " bag. Any one know about this ?

I just got a ton of tsc pellets this evening. I have indeed heard that rumor. Cant confirm though. But tsc pellets are 100 percent hard wood for 270$ there quite dark though. But all i can find around me are nations choice, north american and green supreme. So i jumped on these tsc pellets

So I went to Tractor Supply to get another ton of lignetics, while being loaded I notice that bags are not the green lignetics bag that I bought from same Tractor Supply 1 month ago, I ask the guy loading and he says that lignetics bags for Tractor Supply so the pellets are in fact lignetics just in a " tractor supply " bag. Any one know about this ?
Where are you located in SOMD? Im in Calvert and every place I called is sold out.

New to pellet stove and pellets. Are lignetics decent ?
Best pellet I'be burned since I got the stove six years ago. At that time I bought from the dealer at 280$ / ton. They were great. High heat low ash. Since then I've tried what I could attempting to find quality at the lowest price. During last year's pellet shortage I happened upon Lignetics at a local hardware. Was very pleased. This summer I bought my year's supply for $235 / ton. Good burn and low ash but lighter color than those of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.