Pelletheads no longer allowed in the wood stove sandbox?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Minister of Fire
Nov 21, 2005
Casper Wyoming
So now us pelletheads aren't allowed in the wood stove sandbox? I thought it was bad when I had to bounce between hearth room, industry room and ash can. Now you've added another room? Trying to keep the pellet man down!

I agree, a little warning would have been appreciated. I just PM'd Web. As we all have hearths, maybe this forum should be renamed, any ideas for the log burners?

I read in teh suggestion box that they felt it was too crowded in here and that the posts do not remain relevant. My concern is that people do not pay much attention when they first join a forum. They're going to post in the hearth room and then they'll have to wade through 3 responses telling them it's the wrong room to post in. In the mean time people that can help them will look at the post see it has a few replies and figure they're input is not needed there. I do it all the time.

Well, ya'll know I'm an old time wood guy, but I do know about and read the pellet posts. For me it seems the Hearth has so much traffic it will make finding good info and tracking (on Pellets or Wood or whatever) a lot easier by having them more focused by topic. Yeah, you could have had a bit of notice, but then NO ONE is perfect and what the heck, its THANKSGIVING ANYWAY....
BEST TO EVERYONE.

There has been talk of doing this for awhile now. There is too many post now and I think it's a good idea to break it up a little.

I'm leaving it for a bit. It will help users find the new forum.

UncleRich said:
I agree, a little warning would have been appreciated. I just PM'd Web. As we all have hearths, maybe this forum should be renamed, any ideas for the log burners?

The Wood Shed?

Next thing you know there'll be a forum for musical wood burners called the Log Rhythms.

LOL How about "The Woodshed"?

I am somewhat conflicted about this. On the one hand, it has gotten very busy here in the Hearth Room... but that is mostly due to the seasonal interest in all things burning, combined with oil at near record highs. Therefore, I think the traffic increase is transient, and does not justify yet another board. I like to read the pellet threads, but I think my Morning Coffee add-on for Firefox is going to explode if I have it open yet another page on HearthNet. I would rather see the topics stay on the same board. Overall, I think it is a mistake, but as I am so fond of telling Elk, it's Craig's system, not ours, so suck it up and click on.

ON THE OTHER HAND... Pellet burners are generally weasely types who have questionable parentage and do not know God, and therefore should be confined to their own universe where we can monitor their "progress," and allow them to be reintroduced into society on a stove by stove basis. (it's a joke, so please, all you moderators, lighten up!) Hell, they don't even have real hearths, so what they are doing here in the first place is beyond me.

To use an analogy... burning wood is like eating nice, fresh turkey breast... while burning pellets is like having a pressed turkey sandwich! ;-P

Happy Thanksgiving to all true wood burners, and to all you pellet burners... enjoy your new box!

-- Mike

I vote " The morning wood burners" ;)
I snuck in the pellet room last night and ran around with scissors in my hand ;)

Ahhhhh so it was Hog everybody's mother was yelling at!

Next thing you know he's going to go eat and not wait the 30 min before swimming!

Happy Turkey Day everybody! :p

Mike Wilson said:
ON THE OTHER HAND... Pellet burners are generally weasely types who have questionable parentage and do not know God, and therefore should be confined to their own universe where we can monitor their "progress," and allow them to be reintroduced into society on a stove by stove basis.

Hey, not all pellet heads are republicans. ;-P

And here I thought he was talking about Wood Stove Banning, Tax Raising, Democrats.
I used to be a democrat, until i wised up when i was 24 & saw though their lies.
Then I became a republican, until some republicans started immitating the democrats, when I was 50. Now, Im 59 and to smell with the lot of them, they are all no good.

The difference between them, the democrats raise your taxes and laugh at your plight, the republicans raise your taxes and appoligize to you.
Either way, your taxes still get raised, leaving you in financial difficulty.
Some great choice, eih! ;-P

So, since I am a wood head & a pellet head, both rolled into one, I guess I just keep clicking my mouse until the clicker falls off!!!!!

eernest4 said:
... until the clicker falls off!!!!!

That happens at 63.

BrotherBart said:
eernest4 said:

That happens at 63.

BB, you speaking from experience? Seems the older I get the less I like any Party.

Amen UR.

Sorry, but as a science major and math freak, you reminded me of an old math joke:

Integral(dcabin/cabin)=log cabin

BeGreen said:
Next thing you know there'll be a forum for musical wood burners called the Log Rhythms.

UncleRich said:
BrotherBart said:
eernest4 said:

That happens at 63.

BB, you speaking from experience? Seems the older I get the less I like any Party.

After your clicker falls off the party is over.

BeGreen said:
Mike Wilson said:
ON THE OTHER HAND... Pellet burners are generally weasely types who have questionable parentage and do not know God, and therefore should be confined to their own universe where we can monitor their "progress," and allow them to be reintroduced into society on a stove by stove basis.

Hey, not all pellet heads are republicans. ;-P

ROTFLMFAO! :lol:

-- Mike

So who drew the new Mason-Dixon line? Seems the only fair thing to do is make two new forums for the two new groups and leave the Hearth to the new and confused. Think the name for the wood burners should be "Knots and Sap" and change the pellet side to "better head than dead"??????

derbygreg said:
Perhaps if the Hearth thread was named wood burners it would be more clear. I do however support the switch.

And the Pellet forum should be 2nd from the top(or top for all I care):

Woodburners
Pelletheads
Boilers
Green Room

Status
Not open for further replies.