PelletMaster 2000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawtty

Jan 3, 2007
Hello all, I have a pelletmaster pm2000 that binds when feeding pellets. I've replaced the auger motor and cleaned the burnpot but that did not resolve the problem. I suspect the lower auger bearing is bad and would like to remove the auger to check. Does anyone have instructions or tips on how to remove the auger?

have you checked the auger tube for binding? How many fines are in your pellets? Are the pellets excessivly long? Have any of your pellets gotten wet?
Sorry, i dont have any idea about the bering, i have never looked at your type of stove, but even with a bad bering i would not think that it would stop the motor.
If you have kids, any chance they threw a small toy in the hopper? I cant tell you how many GI joes i have dug out of auger tubes.

Pm 2000
If you have been to our website most of you questions will be answered.

http://www.hearthtools.com/pellet/2000.html

First thing is you want to Make sure ALL the carbon is chiped out of the burn pot.
or your stove will stop feeding.

If you have the Blue or Green type bearing like shown the the photo on the parts page
then you may need to upgrade to a bushing kit.
that cheep Bearing Will pack full of sawdust and Bind up.

If you need the bushing kit I recomend you replace the auger also
or you will need to Drill out a hole for the new bolt that holds the auger motor in place

Pellet masters are forgiving on Sawduct and Small toys
Because the Bottom feed auger tube is larger that most Top feed. and it wil feed or break up toys.
I seen a pellet master Chunk up a Heavy pair of sizors all the way to the handle untill it stoped.

The stove is feeding properly now.

The stove has the blue bearing and it appeared to be packed full of sawdust. I removed the bolts from the bearing collar and was able to clear the dust from the bearing. If it binds again I'll plan to upgrade to the bushing kit.

Thanks for the response to the question. This web forum is a great resource.

I am a new guy with a pelletmaster 2000. I am complete infidel when it comes to pellet stoves; just want to reduce the heating costs of VT winters. I have scraped the pot and the auger seems to be moving, but there is no fire...
Any suggestions...???

Status
Not open for further replies.